First time BD owner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone. Iv joined this forum as I'm hoping to pick up lots of useful tips and info on caring for our family member Spike. Hes approx 2 year old, weve had him only a week. Iv been reading and reading for god knows how long before getting him and feel like iv still got so much more to learn! I'm finding it quite difficult to figure out what exactly is right and wrong when it comes to staple foods as alot of websites kind of contradict each other :/ so planning on asking u guys on here for advice in that area. Seems like Spike hasnt had to best start to his life as we bought him from a man who advertised he didn't have time to care for him anymore but when we picked him up his cage was filthy and he had a bowl of lettuce! Took him straight to vets and he has worms bless him so currently been treated for that. Seems to be doing well so far just cant wait till he trusts me and let's me hold him without him being scared. Love him to bits ?

Kayleigh1985

Original Poster
Lol. Iv just watched it thanks ? I'm gona have a look through some more vids, think the key seems to be patience and just keep trying. Kayleigh.

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
KarrieRee":1i51jyib said:
dubia roaches .... do not give parasites or pin worms
??? :?
I've only seen one source make that claim, and they are a purveyor of Dubias.
I'd definitely check it out further (in fact I have)...
ANY animal can get/have parasites. Google: dubia roach parasites They can carry pin & other worms, mites, coccidia, and more...
Also, ask a good reptile veterinarian.

I don't disagree that dubias are great (staple) feeders, and intend to feed them to my BD when I get him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom