Should I be worried?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerrod

I have a juvenile bearded dragon that would usually poop everyday. It has been four days since he has pooped. The last insect he ate was hornworms but they were not any bigger than he usually eats. I have quit feeding him insects and have just been feeding him greens Which he eats everyday. He is still active and moves around fine but just has not pooped. I have given him a bath in warm water for about 30 minutes and massaged his stomach but still nothing. I am going to try the olive oil and prune juice to see if that helps but I don't know when I should start taking other measures.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What kind of lighting do you have in the tank ? UVB brand and bulb? What are your basking temps? and how are you taking them? infrared heat gun? stick ons? digital probe? If you can please post pics of the tank and lighting
Karrie

Jerrod

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2i7qrd45 said:
What kind of lighting do you have in the tank ? UVB brand and bulb? What are your basking temps? and how are you taking them? infrared heat gun? stick ons? digital probe? If you can please post pics of the tank and lighting
Karrie
104654-4476367007.jpg
I use a Reptisun T5HO. His basking temps are 100-103 taken with a infrared heat gun and digital thermometer.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Your tank setup is beautiful & the T5 Reptisun is excellent. Sometimes, their digestive
systems change up as they get a little older, or if you feed a new item to them. It doesn't
sound like he should be impacted, just from his foods.
You can try the olive or coconut oil to see if that helps him out. If you can, try to get some
oral fluids into him for extra hydration also.

Tracie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
So it sounds good --- I just wanted to make sure you had good lighting that would be playing an issue- and it doesnt sound like it --- it is not uncommon for them not to poop for a long time - mine does the same --- doesnt go for weeks - and he is still eating so thats not an issue either-- if he had quit eating all together I would say it could be parasites -- how many horn worms was he eating - they are more for hydration and have heard they can cause diarrhea -- what insect were you feeding crickets dubias? If you take him to the vet for a check up PLEASE DO NOT let them do an enema it is too hard on them --- if anything you can try feeding him some baby prunes -- I gave that to Hiccup and he went in like 2 days - I would say maybe a .5ml - some others on here can weigh in on this as well --- see if they can give you some more options
Karrie

Jerrod

Original Poster
Drache613":1czqkyad said:
Hello,

Your tank setup is beautiful & the T5 Reptisun is excellent. Sometimes, their digestive
systems change up as they get a little older, or if you feed a new item to them. It doesn't
sound like he should be impacted, just from his foods.
You can try the olive or coconut oil to see if that helps him out. If you can, try to get some
oral fluids into him for extra hydration also.

Tracie
Thanks. Yes I am hoping it's just him going through a different phase. I am just not use to seeing him not poop daily so had me a little worried.

Jerrod

Original Poster
KarrieRee":319j8knf said:
So it sounds good --- I just wanted to make sure you had good lighting that would be playing an issue- and it doesnt sound like it --- it is not uncommon for them not to poop for a long time - mine does the same --- doesnt go for weeks - and he is still eating so thats not an issue either-- if he had quit eating all together I would say it could be parasites -- how many horn worms was he eating - they are more for hydration and have heard they can cause diarrhea -- what insect were you feeding crickets dubias? If you take him to the vet for a check up PLEASE DO NOT let them do an enema it is too hard on them --- if anything you can try feeding him some baby prunes -- I gave that to Hiccup and he went in like 2 days - I would say maybe a .5ml - some others on here can weigh in on this as well --- see if they can give you some more options
Karrie
He had a couple of them and I feed him dubias. what is the longest I should wait for him not to take a bowel movement before I should really be concerned? And should I continue feeding him dubias.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
All dragons are different and I would continue to feed him dubias- he will go eventually- give him a bath once a week and message his tummy- it will stimulate him
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom