Red bump near lip...

Status
Not open for further replies.

OpalAndZayde

Hatchling Member
I am taking care of my daughter's bearded dragon while she is away for the week. He developed this red bump. Is there anything I should do for him?

full

full

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What have you been feeding him? Are you sure its not food ? Have you tried washing it off?
Karrie

OpalAndZayde

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":1knutbht said:
What have you been feeding him? Are you sure its not food ? Have you tried washing it off?
Karrie

He is eating a mix my daughter made up of fresh fruits and veggies (no berries). I have tried to wash it off, it is a swollen bump. :(

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok so has he gotten to close to his heat lamp? I have seen burns before but not like this -- some others are gonna haft to weigh in on what they think
Karrie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Hm, that looks a little painful for him!
Are you only feeding the food mix to him, or, is he getting any type of insects to eat also?
You could try some raw, unpasteurized honey on that area, to see if it takes down any of
the swelling & inflammation. It is something that just cropped up suddenly?
I would say that if it doesn't go down soon, that you should get him into the vet for them to
do a biopsy of the tissue to be sure it doesn't get out of control & isn't cancerous.
Does it seem to be bothering him?

Tracie

OpalAndZayde

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":rt73oghj said:
Ok so has he gotten to close to his heat lamp? I have seen burns before but not like this -- some others are gonna haft to weigh in on what they think
Karrie

I don't think he could have gotten too close to his heat lamp.

OpalAndZayde

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Drache613":kd37tvoh said:
Hello,

Hm, that looks a little painful for him!
Are you only feeding the food mix to him, or, is he getting any type of insects to eat also?
You could try some raw, unpasteurized honey on that area, to see if it takes down any of
the swelling & inflammation. It is something that just cropped up suddenly?
I would say that if it doesn't go down soon, that you should get him into the vet for them to
do a biopsy of the tissue to be sure it doesn't get out of control & isn't cancerous.
Does it seem to be bothering him?

Tracie

I am not his usual caretaker, but I know my daughter didn't mention anything strange before she left. I think it must have just popped up suddenly a few days ago. I will try the honey. He gets occasional live food. How often should we be doing that? Most of the time she just feeds him fresh fruit and veggies.

OpalAndZayde

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hello! Today the bump is completely gone, as if nothing ever happened. I have no clue what this could've been. But am happy its gone. :blob5:

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I was going to post last night I guess I forgot. It was most likely food. Once it dries it can sometimes really get stuck on there.

Either way, glad it's gone! :D

-Brandon

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Well....a food particle was going to be my next thought, since it was located there.
I am so glad that it turned out to be just food the, most likely! :D
They sure know how to make us worry though.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom