Big enough for super worms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Notta

Idk if this should go here or feeders but if my beardie is around 5 months old (15 in long) is he big enough for super worms? crickets stink, roaches are expensive, mealworms suck. and if I recall superworms are a good staple.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I would say not for a staple for a young beardie- maybe a adult- I would look at getting into BSFL-- here is a website you can order from just remember they are small and you would need to feed a lot of them https://symtonbsf.com/ you can check out this website for them as well as they also sell other stuff for beardies www.dubiarocaches.com-- they do charge shipping so if you order from there just make it worth your while - on that site they call them nutri grubs and they are full of calcium
Karrie

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
No , not at 5 months old.

Best to wait til about 12 months old as there is a very tight hairpin turn the GIT in hatchlings and juveniles that is prone to blockages and tends to straighten out as they become subadults.

Superworms are not an insect I'd use as staple anymore than I'd use mealworms as a staple for any bearded dragon.

Stick to crickets, roaches, BSFL (large) ,and in the case of your dragon any size silkworm over 1.5" long is fine (and can actually work out very economical as a feeder if you give a couple large silkworms per day as a staple ( a large silkworm is equivalent to 10 - 12 med crickets in mass )..

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You can feed appropriately sized supers if you want. I wouldn't feed the full grown ones though. I feed small supers to my babies and they go through just fine.

I agree though they shouldn't be a staple insect. But they fit the bill for adding in variety :)

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom