Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ojeremy11

My bearded dragon is about 6 months old.
She was lethargic
I assumed it was relocation stress because she was upgraded from a 25gal tank to a 40gal tank a week ago.
But now she has stopped eating and hasn’t pooped.
Today she woke up with some dark spots and her eyes are puffing out. She doesn’t really move anymore and today I gave her a bath and when she was in the water she was bobbing her head her beard is black and as I am writing this my sister picked her up and the black is spreading a little more to her tummy
I don’t know what to do I’m freaking out

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please put the T 8 inside the tank - the rays from the UVB are not strong enough to go thru the filter- it needs to be approx 6-8 inches from his basking spot -- you can use these to mount it inside -
command Velcro fasteners- picture hanging wire – plastic zip ties
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nylon-Cable-Tie-Ties-Black-2-5-3-5-4-8-7-6-9-X-100-150-200-300-370-530mm-UV-Good/332871964184?hash=item4d80b71618:m:m40KOkegiGiJeePUguhY5cQ&var=541991102297
What is the substrate you have in the tank ? What is the temp of the basking spot? and how are you taking it?
Karrie

ojeremy11

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3aegsr8t said:
Please put the T 8 inside the tank - the rays from the UVB are not strong enough to go thru the filter- it needs to be approx 6-8 inches from his basking spot -- you can use these to mount it inside -
command Velcro fasteners- picture hanging wire – plastic zip ties
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nylon-Cable-Tie-Ties-Black-2-5-3-5-4-8-7-6-9-X-100-150-200-300-370-530mm-UV-Good/332871964184?hash=item4d80b71618:m:m40KOkegiGiJeePUguhY5cQ&var=541991102297
What is the substrate you have in the tank ? What is the temp of the basking spot? and how are you taking it?
Karrie

Eco earth mixture with coconut fiber mix basking spot is at 99-100 and I have a temp gun

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
You might up it to 105-110- they tend to like warmer and the substrate I have heard coconut is not good - if its mixed w/ soil maybe but plain-- I have heard its toxic--- some others on here would haft to confirm but the dust from it could cause issues--- like Resp Infection- I would look at getting it out of there and put paper towels in there for now and you can check out some textured non adhesive shelf liner from Home Depot or Lowes etc............... its cheap and easy to clean w/ vinegar/ water 50/50 in a spray bottle - and the insects cant get underneath
Karrie

ojeremy11

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3s9z2wes said:
You might up it to 105-110- they tend to like warmer and the substrate I have heard coconut is not good - if its mixed w/ soil maybe but plain-- I have heard its toxic--- some others on here would haft to confirm but the dust from it could cause issues--- like Resp Infection- I would look at getting it out of there and put paper towels in there for now and you can check out some textured non adhesive shelf liner from Home Depot or Lowes etc............... its cheap and easy to clean w/ vinegar/ water 50/50 in a spray bottle - and the insects cant get underneath
Karrie

Do you think tile would be good too ? I have a corner in tile where I usually put her food I have enough to make it the actually flooring but I’m not sure if that would be ok

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yes I have slated ceramic tile in my tank --- if you have extra that would be good but I was also thinking of impaction as well w/ the coconut stuff--- but if you want to use tile thats good just not smooth stuff - they have a hard time walking on smooth - the slated I got from Home Depot and I put paper towels under the tile to catch the watery urate so it doesnt soak into the tile underneath -- cleaned the same as the shelf liner-- - I would then put a soft blanket or fleece blanket in his hide for him to sleep on ---
Karrie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your baby doing, does he still have a black beard or did it subside?
Could he have aspirated any water in the bath perhaps?
As suggested, it would be very beneficial to mount the T8 underneath of the
screen so he can get stronger UVB emissions to help him out more. How often
are you giving calcium?
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

ojeremy11

Original Poster
Drache613":515cqu76 said:
Hello,

How is your baby doing, does he still have a black beard or did it subside?
Could he have aspirated any water in the bath perhaps?
As suggested, it would be very beneficial to mount the T8 underneath of the
screen so he can get stronger UVB emissions to help him out more. How often
are you giving calcium?
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

It pains to write this but I took my baby to the vet last night because I just couldn’t bare knowing something was wrong the vet game me some medicine and antibiotics She said my beardie had an infection she gave me many things to give to her and today in the morning as I was giving her some of the medicine she was in the bath and she took her last breathe I tried everything and did as much as I could to help my baby Mushu but she has now passed thank you everyone who has replied and tried to help

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am so sorry for your loss, I know how traumatic it can be. :cry:
At least Mushu was not alone & was with you when she needed you the most. My sincere
condolences.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom