Picky eater

Status
Not open for further replies.
My beardie is 2 and for a while now has only been eating super worms. I know it’s not the best but it’s all I can get her to eat. She won’t touch her greens anymore. More recently she will eat a few blueberries but that’s it. I feel I have tried everything, and don’t really know how to get her to eat her greens. Anyone know something I could do to help her?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I would try dubia roaches - they can be ordered on line if you cant find them where you live - you can try your area on FB that some people have roach colonies and are selling them as well --- I order mine from www.dubiaroaches.com and they have other things like BSFL which are a good staple feeder and full of calcium - horn worms butter worms- silk worms--- she has gotten spoiled by just eating the super worms - please dont feed her to many blueberries as they are high in sugar--- try other fruits here is a website for nutrition
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
Karrie

Ellentomologist

Hatchling Member
Hello,

Like Brandon said, how many supers is she eating? The advice people might give depends a lot on her body condition and health otherwise. For instance, if she is otherwise healthy - good weight, no history of parasites of MBD - I would try to "starve her out" of this habit. Essentially, just stop offering super worms for a good week or two - still offer other foods, however. At 2 years old she shouldn't get ill from few days "without" food if she's stubborn enough not to eat greens and other types of insect offered.

Give us that piece of info, though - A current picture of her (for body condition) and her enclosure (for setup - I'm sure yours is great but sometimes the community finds dumb things that might set a beardie off) might help. I looked through your post history, and the last time you posted pictures she looked just the slightest hair thin to me, but otherwise healthy, but that was all the way back in October 2017.

Best of luck,
-Ellen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom