Picky eater

Discuss topics of food for your beardies here.

Picky eater

Postby princesslttlepddles » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:10 am

My beardie is 2 and for a while now has only been eating super worms. I know it’s not the best but it’s all I can get her to eat. She won’t touch her greens anymore. More recently she will eat a few blueberries but that’s it. I feel I have tried everything, and don’t really know how to get her to eat her greens. Anyone know something I could do to help her?
princesslttlepddles
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Picky eater

Postby KarrieRee » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:44 am

I would try dubia roaches - they can be ordered on line if you cant find them where you live - you can try your area on FB that some people have roach colonies and are selling them as well --- I order mine from www.dubiaroaches.com and they have other things like BSFL which are a good staple feeder and full of calcium - horn worms butter worms- silk worms--- she has gotten spoiled by just eating the super worms - please dont feed her to many blueberries as they are high in sugar--- try other fruits here is a website for nutrition
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
Karrie
KarrieRee
Extreme Poster

Postby claudiusx » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:32 am

How many supers is she eating per week?

-Brandon
claudiusx

Postby Ellentomologist » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:56 am

Hello,

Like Brandon said, how many supers is she eating? The advice people might give depends a lot on her body condition and health otherwise. For instance, if she is otherwise healthy - good weight, no history of parasites of MBD - I would try to "starve her out" of this habit. Essentially, just stop offering super worms for a good week or two - still offer other foods, however. At 2 years old she shouldn't get ill from few days "without" food if she's stubborn enough not to eat greens and other types of insect offered.

Give us that piece of info, though - A current picture of her (for body condition) and her enclosure (for setup - I'm sure yours is great but sometimes the community finds dumb things that might set a beardie off) might help. I looked through your post history, and the last time you posted pictures she looked just the slightest hair thin to me, but otherwise healthy, but that was all the way back in October 2017.

Best of luck,
-Ellen
About me: Recent graduate working at a research laboratory. Keep many invertebrates, reptiles, and amphibians, but only one BD named Guacamole. Love getting and giving book recommendations. HUGE DnD and tabletop RPG nerd. Sorry if I post the same info right after someone else does, I tend to open many tabs and not refresh.
Ellentomologist
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Feeding