Meet SunFyre

Status
Not open for further replies.

cvernon581

We got a new Bearded Dragon on 8/10/19. It is so cute and we adopted it from PetSmart because it got in a fight and lost part of its tale. It is very healthy and seems to like its new home. We have named it SunFyre after a Dragon that got in a fight with another Dragon and which damaged his wing, Wing -Tail, o’well it seemed like a fitting name for it. We love our Game of Thrones.:)

full

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Welcome to the forum--- poor guy glad you rescued him ---- you said Petsmart --- can you tell us what they sold you for husbandry? Lots of times the people there sell stuff that is not the correct equipment for dragons - or you can show us w/ pics of his tank and lighting
Karrie

cvernon581

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1jg3qvo8 said:
Welcome to the forum--- poor guy glad you rescued him ---- you said Petsmart --- can you tell us what they sold you for husbandry? Lots of times the people there sell stuff that is not the correct equipment for dragons - or you can show us w/ pics of his tank and lighting
Karrie
Thanks for the welcome to the forum. On the day we rescued him we where advised to and purchased Zoo Med's Repti basking lamp bulb value pack, which are 100w and produce uva, Fluker's Repta Calcium with Vitamin D3, small crickets, a small rock fixture that has a cave, and a water bowl(we use it for food). This all was to go with our 10 gallon tank, and 8.5 inch reflector lamp we had at home. Two days later we purchased a 40 gallon terrarium tank, a second reflector lamp for a ceramic heat bulb, and a laser temp gauge. His basking spot stays at about 100-105 degrees Fahrenheit, and we use newspaper as his floor.
full

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
So the basking temp is good -- however I am assuming they sold you a compact mini UVB bulb and that is what is in one of those domes-------------- if it is please replace w/ a Reptisun 10.0 tube either the T 8 or a T 5- the compact you have is bascially giving off no UVB --- and in a few months time your going to start having issues w/ not going to the bathroom not eating and being lethargic-- the UVB needs to be inside the tank and depending on what bulb you get will depend on distance--- the news paper is good for now if you want you can get some textured non adhesive shelf liner from Home Depot or Lowes etc - its cheap and easy to clean w/ vinegar/ water 50/50 in a spray bottle - the insects cannot get underneath it as well -- I cant really see whats in the tank but I think you have a hide in there which is good - but I would not listen to the pet store people for advice- they for the most part do not really know what they are talking about when it comes to bearded dragons- this forum has a lot more experienced people on here that can answer most of your questions as well as medical - there is a vet moderator on here -- so if you have any more questions please ask
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom