Combo lighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorhoades75

Are there any UVB/UVA light tubes I can use? I have to run a che and want to do this 24/7 in place of basking light. I know I need UVB and UVA so that’s why I’m asking if there are reputable effective combos.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Uvb bulbs do give off uva also. However, it's generally accepted that you need a bright basking light alongside that too. Most basking bulbs dont really put off that much uva anyways.

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You could look into mercury vapor bulbs though.

Why do you need to run a che 24/7 though if you dont mind me asking?

-Brandon

Jorhoades75

Original Poster
My house is on the cold side, especially at night. Daytime temp is 70F. I was just trying to reduce the need for 3 lamps and thought I could do UVB/UVA combo and CHE during the day and CHE only at night.

Is it okay for them to bask under the CHE?

I can do 3 separate lamps and just switch if that’s what’s best for my guy.

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
How cold at night?

If it gets down to 65°F (18°C) or lower, you'll probably need some kind of heat at night, but this could be thermostatically controlled to come on only as needed, and/or to alternate with the basking light.

The UVB and basking lights only need to be on during the daytime (and some sources say the UVB can come on 1 HR after the basking light, and turn off 1 HR before the basking light).

At the risk of "poking the dragon", not all heating pads burn reptiles/start fires, but that option will require some homework. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom