Feeder Run Cup for BDs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
Nope. Maybe I'm being dense, but aside from looks, what's the purpose of them? I looked at the the URL JJF posted and couldn't figure out if they meter the bugs somehow? I have my dubias in a plastic tub and my guys will gorge themselves if left to their own devices.

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Aaradimian":l7rhm7tp said:
Nope. Maybe I'm being dense, but aside from looks, what's the purpose of them?

Going strictly from (possibly faulty) memory here... I first "discovered" them while I was looking into chameleons (as an alternative to a BD). The idea is, they have a slippery (enough) inside surface that feeders can't crawl out of them. The feeders can also climb up the fabric strip, again not being able to climb out. This allegedly includes crickets. They're probably not much good for feeders that can't climb the fabric--I don't know--that's partly why I'm asking.

I looked for the original vid that brought them to my attention, but can't find it at the moment. :(
But there are many more--just search YT for feeder run cup

JumpinJellyfish

Juvie Member
Aaradimian":13k85zsl said:
Nope. Maybe I'm being dense, but aside from looks, what's the purpose of them? I looked at the the URL JJF posted and couldn't figure out if they meter the bugs somehow?
No metering -you'd only put in an amount/number that's reasonable for one feeding (or one day, depending on whether they truly don't escape from the cup)
My impression was that the roaches (or crickets, but I expect they could jump past the edge of the cup?), can't climb out, and it looked to me like the grid part would make for a bit more "natural" hunt as they run along it, rather than the fish in a barrel effect of a normal dish. Also my discoids get out of other cups, including worm dishes. I swear they communicate and piggyback each other to climb out! ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom