HELP** discoloration on mouth and lips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkoshi

full

This is not stuck shed she just went through a full head shed I peeled it all off. What is this anyone know? Is not spreading.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It looks like shed to me to be honest. If you pulled it off yourself you might have pulled it before it was ready, leaving slightly raw skin underneath exposed.

Either that or your dragon is paradoxing lol.

I wouldn't be concerned it will go away if it was just skin that wasnt fully ready yet.

-Brandon

Darkoshi

Original Poster
Ok ya she looks funky and her mother was a wicked purple paradox named purple rain. (All black purple with red and yellow on head) sweet. Def not shed I was colored after shed for days suddenly changed. Her other patterns are fuxxzored too much diff from my male the gary

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If the mom was a paradox it's a possibility that yours is paradoxing too then. How cool.

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Idk. In those pics it looks like the scales are actually gone. Is it smooth?

-Brandon

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Please don't pull any shed off ! I know you think you have a safe method but you can at the very LEAST, highly irritate the area. At worst you can really hurt your dragon, they do not need help unless it restricts the tail tip or their toes. Too many owners think beardies need so much help with a natural process that is best left alone. I'm not being mean or anything, just really want to emphasize this though.

Darkoshi

Original Poster
The scales are intact and smooth/normal looking, just lost all coloration suddenly turned albino looking. A few days before she looked totally normal after shed.
full

full

full

This is what she looked.like before this after last full shed..
full

full

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

You are sure she isn't going to shed those areas again? That is what it appears to me, but
hopefully it isn't a skin or fungal issue.
You could put a little bit of aloe vera gel or coconut oil on the area to help out.

Tracie

Darkoshi

Original Poster
Do face sheds happen slowly start at mouth? It is spreading to her nose turned dark grey blue, could this be a shed starting it's not a previous shed. It's not food washed her face many times. Also mostly hand feed her. Can head sheds start like this I dunno never seen that.
full

full

full

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It looks like the start of shed to me too, I only didn't mention that because you said she just finished shedding...
Darkoshi":22m2ek6l said:
This is not stuck shed she just went through a full head shed I peeled it all off.

-Brandon

Darkoshi

Original Poster
She did, like last week. She is young and molting fast like Gary.. she is 3 months old hatch April 21st 200gs Gary is about 5 months 420gs use to molt immediately after shedding but the head goes all at once. I dunno guess this type of shedding is normal¿

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom