Fall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys can someone help?! My beardie was just sitting on my shoulder and all of a sudden he fell, it was into hard wooden flooring and he made quite a sound. I offered him a mealworm and he ate it. Do you guys think he will be okay?!? I am really worried! ??

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is quite a fall indeed. How did he land, on his back or straight on his tummy?
He landed on a hard wooden floor? How big is he & what is his age?
I would definitely watch for decreased activity, more lethargic behavior with less appetite,
limping, etc along with a gray to black beard which could indicate stress & or pain.
If he starts exhibiting anything out of the ordinary you might consider taking him into the
vets for an x-ray to see if he injured himself.
Hopefully, he will just be perfectly fine!

Tracie

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
I think a quick examination by the local reptile vet is in order, include xrays.

Bearded dragons are very good at hiding it when they are injured / sick.

NO MORE SHOULDER SURFING for your dragon, if he is not injured, you should go and buy a lottery ticket as you and he have dodged a bullet.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Only time I allow my skinks and dragons on my shoulder are when I'm sitting on the bed or my lounge , if they fall off , it's not far and a soft landing.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your dragon doing this evening? Any behavioral changes thus far?
I hope he is doing well.

Tracie

Dragongirl14

Original Poster
He seems to be all good. He is eating almost everything I am offering him. He was running round on the ground when I put him down in the lounge. He has had a bit of a black beard but he is also shedding and it usually goes black when he sheds. He weighs about 180grams and is around 8 weeks old. He doesn’t should surf unless I am sitting down, what happened was he was in my hand and and got a fright and when running up my arm onto my shoulder and fell. He fell onto his tummy/hands and feet. I have been closely monitoring him, and I will carry on over the next few days. I will keep you guys posted on how he is doing ?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is good news he is active & running around right now.
Yes, most do get grouchy somewhat when they are shedding. He is a sizeable dragon for an
8 week old, did you mean 8 months old at 180 grams?
Post some pictures of him also so we can see him.

Tracie

Dragongirl14

Original Poster
Oops I got that wrong, he is 4 months old and weighs 145grams. Haha that would be one massive dragon if he was 8 weeks and 180grams ?. I will definitely put a pic up, I’m not to sure how to tho... ??
He has an Instagram account tho it is @ChemmyTheBeardie.
If you tell me how to put pics up definitely will ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vaota88
Top Bottom