I really need some experienced input with this case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayojustin

Hey everyone, my dragon and I are in a pickle at the moment. She and I dont know weather she can possibly be a dunner or not. Firstly I obtained her from a rescue in trade for some feeders. In my eyes she was the most beautiful looking animal I've ever seen. Nice bright red beard, a really strong orange color on her. So I named her Rose. As I looked ar her more, it seemed she had some characteristics of a dunner, but other characteristics of a dunner was absent. What I mean is that she scales on her beard goes upward, also the spikes on he side go every which way. She has abnormally huge feet, very long toes, and the base of her tail is very thick. Yet her patternizations are of a normal beaded dragon. Is this even possible in dunners or even heard of before? We both would greatly appreciate all the input, knowledge, and opinions any of you guys can give about our case. Thanks again.
105690-7168874983.jpg
105690-2119217278.jpg
105690-4148821947.jpg
105690-6861816048.jpg
105690-6409109551.jpg
105690-8918200517.jpg
105690-5473135970.jpg
105690-3138002083.jpg
105690-7877889001.jpg
105690-2110204958.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Rose is a stunner, great color and good size. :) Not only is she is a stunner but yes she certainly looks like a Dunner !

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'd say she isnt a dunner.

Her beard scales really aren't all that random. And lots of normal have spikes on the sides that go multiple ways.

An easy give for dunners is the belly scales. In the belly shot you posted they are all neatly arranged. In dunners there are patches of misaligned and opposite direction scales. I'll post up a picture of two of my dunners to show you once I get home.

The beard does lead you to believe that, but I've seen that with dragons who get fat (or droopy necks) the spikes just get a little weird because of that. And you can see in the pics, rose does have a very droopy neck fold.

I agree with AHBD though, rose is definitely a stunner, just not a dunner :D *trademark AHBD 2019*(that rhyme was way too good not to steal LOL)

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
She is a hypo though. I've always loved the dark red beards like that. She reminds me of my girl naughtica.

-Brandon

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You may be right Brandon. And no you can not steal my line....it was actually unintentional [ my first sentence ] but I had to turn it in to the little rhyme. :) Anyway, I wondered about the tail but really can't see the stomach very well .

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Ayojustin":puiyphrk said:
Hey everyone, my dragon and I are in a pickle at the moment. She and I dont know weather she can possibly be a dunner or not. .... We both would greatly appreciate all the input, knowledge, and opinions any of you guys can give about our case.

I dunner know. :lol:

Unless you got her with the intention of breeding, does it really matter? (Again I dunner know--I'm asking). Great-looking dragon, presumably nice pet. Enjoy her (not in a creepy way).

Ayojustin

Original Poster
Hey thanks for all you input and no I'm not breeding her. It was just an oddity for me... sorry she Is in shed at the moment. I will take some updated picture so she can show off her amazing coloration... she's a sweetheart but be warned, when taking pictures she like to give a look as if she has an attitude/ mean girl look... thanks again guys

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Here is a pic of Tombo my Male dunner. You can see the difference in belly scales.
31715-2848403426.jpg

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abby999
Top Bottom