Too big of an enclosure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
So long there is a good thermal gradient, a good UV gradient , and a choice of hides , this is fine for the 3 month old.

My only concern would be the little juvenile dragon loosing track of insects like crickets , roaches and or locusts who are fast moving and will scurry away and try to hide,

Bmjo

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
kingofnobbys":4bde3w6t said:
So long there is a good thermal gradient, a good UV gradient , and a choice of hides , this is fine for the 3 month old.

My only concern would be the little juvenile dragon loosing track of insects like crickets , roaches and or locusts who are fast moving and will scurry away and try to hide,

Me too. I might have a feeding tank

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Bmjo":1z9cje1t said:
kingofnobbys":1z9cje1t said:

Me too. I might have a feeding tank

If he/she's only little, you can temporarily partition off half the tank with some cardboard or a sheet of MDF.

I've never been successful at getting skinks or dragons to eat in a separate feeding tank/tub.

I'd be dropping the feeders ( if crickets or roaches or similar) in for the little dragon a few at a time , let it catch and eat them , then repeat until it looses interest ( means it's full ).

Aquilist

I may be a bit late, but my Dragon was in a 48x24x24 from since he was 1 month old. He loves it.
I feed him in a separate plastic tub, and he never hesitates to gobble up every insect in his path. He uses all the space, running from one end to the other.
I highly recommend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom