Questions about uv lighting and mvb

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a ho t5 10.0 uvb bulb reptisun in my 40 gal breeder and I dust my beardies food but I think he’s been needing more uvb based on some symptoms, so I ordered an exxo terra sunglo mercury vapor bulb 125 watt and the reviews were really good, the reviews for this bulb were better than the other mvb”s I saw. Also people were saying to keep the reptisun uvb bulb I already have going along with it. So my question is, do I need to get new calcium powder without d3? Right now I have calcium powder with vitamin d3 and I heard you shouldn’t get calcium with d3 if you use a mercury vapor bulb, so wanted to know about that and does it sound corrwct, should I use my reptisun t5 10.0 uvb bulb in conjunction with this new mercury vapor bulb I will receive tomorrow?
Thank you!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Can you post a picture of your setup?

How close is the reptisun to the basking surface? Even the best bulb wont be effective if not placed in the proper range.

The t5 really is a strong bulb. You shouldn't be needing any extra uv.
What are the symptoms you're worried about?

-Brandon

Karebearfreezepop0

Original Poster
104453-185758048.jpg

This is how it is right now, I had it downward for a while but either way, whether it’s downward or outward he still walks on his wrist not his hands. And his legs and arms just seem kinda weakish, I don’t know. I dust appropriately and he eats well.

Karebearfreezepop0

Original Poster
And again, everyone talking about this bulbs, writing reviews said you have to have a uvb bulb along with the mercury vapor bulb because the mercury vapor bulb only radiates uvb in the spot they are basking, so you should have a uvb bulb running along the tank as well? With this mercury vapor bulb, am I to get calcium without d3? I heard with mercury vapor bulbs you shouldn’t have give d3 because their organs calcifies? Idk thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom