*URGENT* Beardie has trouble walking, lifeless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That's wonderful she is looking better now. I guess her levels for some reason, got too high
& started affecting her health also. I'm glad to hear she is better.
Hopefully her appetite will pick up & she will get back to normal quickly. Be sure to keep her
well hydrated also, while she's on the medication. Are you also using a probiotic for her too?

Tracie

Vilderup

Original Poster
*UPDATE*
15/08/2019

She is doing much better! She is eating healthy, she can walk on her own, and even lift her up now with her front legs! She is almost healthy now! :)

Thank you everyone who helped me :)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am so sorry I must have missed your question on probiotics! They are simply products such as
non dairy acidophiliz, or non dairy organic soy yogurt, which help replace the tummy gut flora &
or bacteria after they have been on medications. It usually helps to increase their appetites, too.
That is excellent news your girl has improved so much now! If you have more pictures, feel free
to post updated pictures. Or, even a video of her improved walking for us. I am very happy for
you both! :D

Tracie

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Looking at your photo of her "blood-stained" poo
x101468-6064429991_small.jpg.pagespeed.ic.YeAP8qHfaS.jpg

I'm not convinced the stain is from blood. , the urates look rather orangy to me so I'd be taking a look at her vitD3 , calcium and UVB levels , as I suspect she's suffering hypercalcemia or vitd toxicity ( overdose of vitD3 from fortified calcium ).

Blood tests are warranted to check on this. Did the vet ever check for these ?

Vilderup

Original Poster
kingofnobbys":2klntoru said:

I'm not convinced the stain is from blood. , the urates look rather orangy to me so I'd be taking a look at her vitD3 , calcium and UVB levels , as I suspect she's suffering hypercalcemia or vitd toxicity ( overdose of vitD3 from fortified calcium ).

No, the vet didn't check on this, not what I've heard at least. After taking the picture, I read that parasites could cause the urate to get a rusty color, which led to me believing she had parasites.
You're saying hypercalcemia, which is too much vitD3? Where do they get that from? The bulb or the supplement or something complete else?

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Vilderup":1b8b5989 said:
kingofnobbys":1b8b5989 said:

No, the vet didn't check on this, not what I've heard at least. After taking the picture, I read that parasites could cause the urate to get a rusty color, which led to me believing she had parasites.
You're saying hypercalcemia, which is too much vitD3? Where do they get that from? The bulb or the supplement or something complete else?

if you are running a t5ho 10% or higher UVB tube and giving more dietary / suppl calcium than needed and it happens to one of those brands of calcium powder or multivit powders that are VitD3 fortified ,this can result in excess VitD3 in the bloodstream that causes poor metabolisation of calcium (it's a "finely balanced buffered reaction in the reptiles bloodstream") . This can lead onto calcium oxalate being precipitated in the kidneys and concentration in the urates ( the crystals have an orange tinge , easily confused for blood ).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom