I bought a tank from craigslist

Discuss substrates, lighting, heating, enclosure building ideas, share enclosure photos, and talk about any other enclosure-related topics.

I bought a tank from craigslist

Postby Bmjo » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:51 pm

I found a 4x2x2 tank with sliding glass doors on craigslist for $50 and it was probably the dirtiest tank I've ever seen but I bought it anyway and I cleaned it out with water and then bleached it and I was wondering should I go the extra step to get the veterinary reptile cleaner?
Bmjo
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: I bought a tank from craigslist

Postby KarrieRee » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:02 pm

It probably wouldnt hurt to get some F 10 which is a veterinary cleaner / disinfectant --- it last a long time and I have some mixed up in a spray bottle for disinfecting when I need it - I have not had to use it very often but when you arent sure of whats been in there I would recommend it - not sure about the stuff your talking about but others on here might -- the F 10 I ordered on line
Karrie
KarrieRee
Extreme Poster

Postby claudiusx » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:28 pm

If you bleached it it would have killed anything that would have been there depending on the concentration of bleach you used.

I like using steam but if you want extra peace of mind you could use the vet disinfectant.

-Brandon
claudiusx
BD.org Sicko

Postby Bmjo » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:57 pm

claudiusx wrote:If you bleached it it would have killed anything that would have been there depending on the concentration of bleach you used.

I like using steam but if you want extra peace of mind you could use the vet disinfectant.

-Brandon

I use 1/4 cup of bleach for 8 cups of water. And I also have a steamer too that's how i used to clean my chameleons cage
Bmjo
Hatchling Poster

Postby claudiusx » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:11 pm

That was definitely a strong enough concentration to kill anything that would have been present :mrgreen:

-Brandon
claudiusx
BD.org Sicko

Postby Drache613 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:25 am

Moved by Moderator from General to Enclosures
Drache613

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Enclosures