Mufasa and Norberta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already introduced me and Fasa, but I thought you all might like to see his cuteness, lol. I also have a question for you professionals: do you have any idea what morph he is?
82607-7214899291.jpg
82607-6370805064.jpg
Here he is sleeping in his new tree, slept in it all of last night.
Mufasa will just sit on my chest and nap or watch whats going on. ;)
One last question: Half the time he doesn't eat his crickets, is there anything I can do to help him eat?
Well, I think that's all for now! :) :)
Makayla.

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I did take them out, she's never EVER tried to eat them before so I was shocked lol. On the other hand Norberta has always tried to eat fake flowers if I put them in her tank lol. :roll:
Don't worry about pics, you sound awefully busy, lol. Congrats to Erics girlfriend!

The girls are doing good, Norberta's head is going into shed so she isn't too happy and looks like a little ghost lol. Mufasa is doing well too.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I took Freya to the vet today because I thought there was something wrong. I think she just overate when she had her last clutch. Good news, she doesn't have any eggs in her. But I think she's on the verge of brumation, except she's still eating and just goes to bed around 4p instead of 6p.

I'm not busy, I just can't do alot because of a physical issue that needs a bit of surgery b4 I can go back to work. So again I'm off. I'll be glad when the surgery is done so I can get to work & work off my last year. I officially retire on Nov 30/2020. Your 2nd year of college.

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Well I'm at school! It doesnt feel real, I'm really excited tho. I've been on campus since Wednesday, today was the first day of classes.

I found a home for Mufasa before I left, the guy who took her is a highschool science teacher, so she's a classroom pet now, which I think will be a good fit for her. The teacher also has four or five kids who were so excited to hold her and take her home. It was one of the hardest things I've had to do, but I kept it together until she left. :cry: My parents are looking after the other animals until I can find homes for them from here, which I'm thankful for. I miss them all so much, tho.

I hope you all are doing well!

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Wow, sorry for not updating in so long! I’ve had a lot going on since August.
So, update on my animals. My family changed their minds and wouldn’t take care of my beardies, snake, and hermit crabs while I was at school, so I was forced to rehome them. I was able to rehome Mufasa to a guy my family knows. He’s a high school science teacher and was looking for a classroom pet. He also has 4 or 5 kids of his own who were so excited to take her home. He updates me every couple of months with pictures or questions, he said his classes absolutely adored her and some of them called her Tonya lol. He just sent me an update this weekend saying she laid eggs for the first time! Last he updated me she was at 26. I sent him a link to liquid calcium from Tracies site and he said he would be getting it for her.
82607-5949666528.jpg
After I’d been at school for a month or two my mom gave Norberta, my ball python Olympia, and the crabs to a reptile rescue without asking me or telling me until the day before. I was pretty crushed about that, and its still really hard not knowing where they’re at or who’s taking care of them.
I’m thankful I still have my cat to take care of when I’m home. She just turned 13 in April.
82607-7442068592.jpg
As for personal updates, I finished my first year of college! It was a great experience, I’m excited to go back in the fall. We all got sent home mid March and had to finish classes online, which was a challenge from home lol. I’m working at a local farm over the summer until I head back to school hopefully in the fall.
I hope everyone else is doing well!

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Hi...

I'm sorry to hear that you had to give up your beardies and other critters, and that you were unable to find a good permanent home for some of them. I almost lost mine to animal control once because I was afraid that I could no longer take care of them, but we went and got them back after they had been there for about 40 hours, because my husband promised to be responsible for their care, and he has been doing all the hard work ever since. But I got a brief taste of how it feels to lose them by having to give them away. :cry: I hope all of yours find good homes.

I'm glad to hear that you're doing well in school though. What are you majoring in?

BTW, have you heard from Deb (Sweetiepie9) since last August? I haven't been on here hardly at all myself until just recently, and I don't see her around anymore. I wonder whatever happened to her and I hope she's ok. :?

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
It's been really hard adjusting to not having them, they were a huge part of my life.
I'm majoring in psychology! I'm hoping to do something along the lines of criminology.
I havent heard from Deb, but I havent been on either. ?

adambeck

Hatchling Member
You have very cute and awesome friends! Would love to hear more stories about any of them :D
Fifa (our bearded dragon) and I say hi!

saraho

Hatchling Member
I'm sorry that you couldn't get more help at home with your pets. It does sound like they are in good homes now though.
When I went to college I had a skink named Fred. He was super low maintenance and I figured my brother's fiancé could take care of him (as Fred was originally hers, but I took over when my gecko died.) The first time I came home from school I asked about Fred. "Oh. He died." was all I got. I am still hurt no one bothered to tell me.
Your torti kitty is gorgeous! I had a torti as a kid, she was our mama cat and I loved her a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom