Are we overexposing our dragons to UV?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
claudiusx":16cs1ncz said:
You're not welcome on this thread anymore. And you wont be responded to anymore.
Thanks for the bump. Uvi vs mW uv isnt a topic for discussion on this thread.

-Brandon

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Unfortunately W/m^2 or mW / cm^2 or microW / cm^2 are the SI units for UV flux (p/unit of area) and the SI unit of irradiation is J/m^2 .

Other dimensionless units are fudges at best.

Whever you like that is irrelevant ..

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Guys, the back and forth really needs to stop. Since this isn't a help thread I've left it up to you until now, but the topic and members of the discussion are up to OP as far as I'm concerned. I don't want to have to lock this down but will if the bickering continues since it's helping no one. Kingofnobbys, you've been asked to leave this discussion, but you are certainly free to begin a new thread and control a new discussion in whichever direction you please as long as it follows general forum guidelines.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Just saw this on Arcadia's site.

31715-243983190.jpg

Here is the link:
https://www.arcadiareptile.com/lighting/full-sun-baskers/
No where on their site do I see the other pictograph that has been posted around here.
This is their recommendation for pogonas

I actually really like this pictograph even though it is a bit higher a UVI than I might suggest. But, I like it because they make it clear that you should be providing 0 UVI at a certain spot in the enclosure. That is something that I feel gets lost in the race to reach certain UVI levels at the basking surface.

I feel 4-6 UVI at the basking surface isn't unreasonable as long as their is a gradient down to 0. Unfortunately, that isn't always the case with some advice given. And when we focus on just one aspect of their lighting, such as the level at the basking surface, we turn a blind eye to a potential issue throughout the rest of the tank.

-Brandon

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom