Bearded Dragon Acting Drunk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That sounds great, getting some x-rays, just so you can see what his bones are looking like.
How is he doing today? It will just take some time for him to recover but don't give up on him.
They will often surprise you with just how well they come through adversity & recover. Reptiles
do take longer to heal than mammals though, so just keep that in mind & be patient.
Keep us posted on him.

Tracie

AlyssaR96

Original Poster
Hi Tracie,
This morning he seemed very alert and eager for a worm. I’ll keep everyone posted on how he’s doing through the week

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's always a good sign. You're dusting again correct? Or did you get liquid calcium?

Eager to follow along with his recovery :D

-Brandon

AlyssaR96

Original Poster
I just started dusting again with calcium and vitamin powder. I’m not sure where to get liquid but he seems much better this morning

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great news to hear!
So he did eat a worm today, did he eat anything else for you?
It is a terrific sign he is more alert. If you decide to try for a liquid, I can PM you a link to purchase
one for him.
Keep us posted on his progress.

Tracie

AlyssaR96

Original Poster
Hi all! Just wanted to give you guys an update on Tuukka.
We’re still taking it day by day with him. Unfortunately he had a pretty long seizure yesterday - that was terrifying. But he’s been okay since then, he’s been eating his bugs and somewhat eating his salads.
We’ve corrected all the lights , and he’s getting some time outside in the sun. Just hoping to see some improvement soon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The seizure is unfortunate. but good that he is getting some natural sunlight now!

Was this the first time he has had a seizure?

-Brandon

AlyssaR96

Original Poster
Hey Brandon,
As far as i know this was his first seizure. This is the first one I’ve seen.
Now since the seizure , he’s been great. He’s holding himself up more, more alert and his personality seems more like himself

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Well hopefully it was the first and last!

At least its brought on better behavior so that is a positive! :D

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom