Beardie fell now shes gaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

McSuzie

Hi, I'm a newish beardie owner and I'm really worried. I brought my beardie to the couch to relax and cuddle while I did stuff on my laptop and like always she did a little adventuring but didnt get to far. I pulled her back and she decided to book it and jumped off the couch landing about 2 and half feet down. I immediately rushed to get her and she seemed initially shocked. Now though a few moment later after checking her toes and limbs and everything she seems fine except for she keeps puffing her beard and breath and her mouth has been slightly open. Shes never done before. Shes about 3 to 4 months old I think it's hard to measure she has a nub tail. She eats twice everyday dubias till she cant eat and eats as much greens as I can get her before shes quits. Her poops are perfectly healthy usually a little wet. Idk how to tell if anything is actually broken but from what I can tell shes okay. I'm really worried. After the fall she also try to cuddle in my arm and lay down but was breathing kinda heavy the whole time.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
It sounds like she knocked the wind out of herself-- keep an eye on any unusual behavior-- watch for any unusual discharge from her mouth and poop--- no way to tell at this point if she injured anything inside--- and also watch if she starts not walking correctly--- some others on here can also tell you some other things to watch for----------- I hope she will be ok
Karrie

McSuzie

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2m1bt5il said:
It sounds like she knocked the wind out of herself-- keep an eye on any unusual behavior-- watch for any unusual discharge from her mouth and poop--- no way to tell at this point if she injured anything inside--- and also watch if she starts not walking correctly--- some others on here can also tell you some other things to watch for----------- I hope she will be ok
Karrie
I think you may be right Karrie. Thank you very much for the input. She as of now has stop gaping and shes acting quite normal. Shes running around her tank and the floor without issue. I'm definitely still gonna watch her all night but for now I think shes okay. Thank you again

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Poor thing, it has likely just scared her & possible knocked the wind out of her a little bit.
How is she this morning, has she stopped pushing her beard out & breathing erratically?
Let us know how she is doing. She was a naughty dragon, doing a kamakaze off of the
sofa like that though!

Tracie

McSuzie

Original Poster
Drache613":3nui4llm said:
Hello,

Poor thing, it has likely just scared her & possible knocked the wind out of her a little bit.
How is she this morning, has she stopped pushing her beard out & breathing erratically?
Let us know how she is doing. She was a naughty dragon, doing a kamakaze off of the
sofa like that though!

Tracie
I think that's exactly what happened. As a newish owner everything little thing has me reading up and worrying. Shes doing very well now. Shes not gaping shes bathing shes eaten her poop was great no mucus or anything. Her breathing is fine now and I noticed shes also starting a shed so shes been puffing it up a bit to help get some of the skin off. Shes very adventurous and I love it but oh man no more sofa till shes a little bigger and not as jumpy. Thank you for checking in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom