Blood in my beardie's poop? He's pooping everyday also?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello.. I am back again LOL.
So I started feeding my beardie all sorts of different greens (Kale, Collard greens, Turnip Greens etc.)

He's started to poop literally every single day. And they're all tiny; And he's glass surfing every single day

Idk what's going on; Today is the 1st day I've seen something red in it like this; but sidenote.. They are all this size everyday! Idk if it's blood or what's going on. I used to give him acorn squash sliced and sliced apples (no skin) once.
I stopped topping his salads once this issue came about and just giving him his crickets and greens. He eats his feeders and greens both fine & sleeps fine but still glass surfs. Just not acting like his normal self.. I need 2nd opinions if this is a stomach issue that I need to take him to the vet to look at.

*Warning it's graphic*
105035-2908042236.jpg
105035-8165359455.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That looks a bit messy but not terrible. Is he acting normally and still eating well? That's a bit of an odd color but could just be from food. I don't know that it's blood. His increased activity level may be contributing to the frequency of the poops.

ohitslexluthor

Original Poster
CooperDragon":uvanaasi said:
That looks a bit messy but not terrible. Is he acting normally and still eating well? That's a bit of an odd color but could just be from food. I don't know that it's blood. His increased activity level may be contributing to the frequency of the poops.

Sorry for such a late response.. He did it again today. I'm gonna make an app for next week. He keeps glass surfing everyday. He knocks things around in his enclosure. He's eating his feeders just fine but he's not as enthusiastic with them as he was before (chasing them really fast etc.) He just sits there and watches them and lets them come to him. He eats his greens not as much now....

Another pic: *Warning graphic*
105035-218320466.jpg

ohitslexluthor

Original Poster
claudiusx":30ccekgg said:
What feeders is he eating?

-Brandon

Just strictly crickets. I dust them with calcium 3 days out of the week and his multi-vitamin 1 time a week... I keep a log of the dates so i dont over do it and only a pinch of each. I dont mix them.

I scheduled an app for the 30th at 3:30 so fingers crossed it's nothing serious.. I did change his diet from superworms. I was giving him about 3-5 everyday. I also started topping his salad with acorn squash, sliced apples etc and giving him various greens as stated above. Just been giving him kale now and crickets since the 1st incident of it to see if it would stop it did for a couple of days now it just happened again. I think it's something internal... He glass surfs so rough.

ohitslexluthor

Original Poster
This behavior came out of no where and hit me like a train.. Ever since the last forum of his horrible outside experience(July 15th) he has been doing this. He acts totally normal out of the enclosure. Idk what it could be.... :(

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
What are you feeding the crickets?

Hopefully a fecal will get done. I'd call ahead of time to make sure you can bring one in. It will at least let you know if there are any parasites.

I really dont think its blood, but it's good to have someone who can actually examine it in person make that call :)

-Brandon

ohitslexluthor

Original Poster
I really hope it's not.. I'm so worried. :/ he's currently glass surfing as I type... He never ever used to do that. He has lost some weight from me weening off the superworms. Sometimes he leans his whole body against the corner of the tank and just lays against the glass :(

I feed them a jar of Fluker's Orange Cube Complete Cricket Diet in their food dish. About 8-10 cubes in there per me re upping on crickets.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I had a feeling that might be what you're feeding them.

Try cutting that out of the crickets diet. Weve seen things like this happen sometimes because of those orange cubes. Feed your crickets carrots and potatoes and left over greens and see how your dragons poo looks.

-Brandon

ohitslexluthor

Original Poster
I will empty their dish now and do it. Thank you 1000000%..

Just curious do you know why that happens?
I've been feeding them the cubes and never had a problem til now. Is it because he is about to be 1 in Oct?
I heard when beardie's go through hormones they tend to act differently. He also recently shed his right arm only. He is shedding quite less and less.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm not sure exactly, but I've seen those cubes cause weird stools before.

It is true, his behavior and hormones might be affecting it too. But cutting out the orange cubes for a bit won't hurt as an experiment at least :)

-Brandon

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree with Brandon, it likely is not blood at all! The orange cubes can cause discoloration,
as well as butternut or acorn squash often can. It essentially just looks like a normal color
caused from ingested foods, etc.
He will be fine! It sounds great though he is eating his greens & veggies more now. :D

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom