A Newbie

If you just got a new beardie, introduce your beardie to the community! If you're a newcomer, say hello and introduce yourself.

Re: A Newbie + Dragon

Postby BlueLab » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:49 pm

She has arrived! (At least I'm calling it a she until I know for certain). She's super cute! I'm not settled on a name yet, but here are a couple of pictures of her. :)

So far she seems to be settling in well. She was very active today. She ate some greens and had some live food which I saw her eat. She spent time basking, and she wandered around her tank for a while, getting the lay of the land.
Frustratingly, one of the ceramic light fixtures is faulty, and the shop was closed by the time I found out, so I couldn't get it changed over. So she's been without a UV light for half of today, but I intend to exchange the faulty fixture for a new one first thing tomorrow. She should be okay for that period without the UV, right?
Believe me, I wanted to cry when I couldn't get the light to work. And I know it's the fixture, because the bulb works fine.
BlueLab
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: A Newbie

Postby CooperDragon » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:50 pm

She looks great! Nice and alert and happy looking. I wouldn't worry about the light for a short term. She'll be OK. I hope she settles in quickly =)
CooperDragon

Re: A Newbie

Postby claudiusx » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:34 pm

She really is super cute! :mrgreen:

And I agree with Cooper, she will be just fine without the uvb for a bit :D

-Brandon
claudiusx

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Previous

Return to Introductions