A Newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueLab

Original Poster
She has arrived! (At least I'm calling it a she until I know for certain). She's super cute! I'm not settled on a name yet, but here are a couple of pictures of her. :)

778a72e1-61fc-4cb1-a12e-fe14d80ee1f1-original.jpg

a4ba6916-90c0-4dd3-a3b1-518906259d1e-original.jpg

dad62c53-d507-43c8-9eb7-08a83b306047-original.jpg

So far she seems to be settling in well. She was very active today. She ate some greens and had some live food which I saw her eat. She spent time basking, and she wandered around her tank for a while, getting the lay of the land.
Frustratingly, one of the ceramic light fixtures is faulty, and the shop was closed by the time I found out, so I couldn't get it changed over. So she's been without a UV light for half of today, but I intend to exchange the faulty fixture for a new one first thing tomorrow. She should be okay for that period without the UV, right?
Believe me, I wanted to cry when I couldn't get the light to work. And I know it's the fixture, because the bulb works fine.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
She looks great! Nice and alert and happy looking. I wouldn't worry about the light for a short term. She'll be OK. I hope she settles in quickly =)

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
She really is super cute! :mrgreen:

And I agree with Cooper, she will be just fine without the uvb for a bit :D

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lil booshka
Top Bottom