Is this right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That looks pretty similar to what I've been using. Fire it up and see what you get in terms of surface temps.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's a little low on the kelvin scale but yeah that bulb will work as long as it gives you the temperatures you need :)

-Brandon

DiXX

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Is it supposed to be that big though? The other halogen bulb I had was 100w but half that size. I dont want it heating the tank too much.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's about the same physical size as the one I use. Mine sits in a fairly large dome suspended above the enclosure. You may need to adjust the height, dim the bulb, or change wattages to get the proper temperature gradient. This varies between enclosures so will require some testing.

DiXX

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I have an aluminium dome which is bigger than the black one I have. I'll have to swap them over, my viv s roughly 90 gallons so it will be ok won't it

DiXX

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Is this reflector too small for the bulb I have another reflector if it is.
100805-8861835012.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
As long as it's rated to handle the wattage it should be OK. Those bulbs have a built in reflector (PAR means parabolic reflector and BR means bulge reflector) so the outer dome isn't as important for directing light.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'd make sure the fixture is rated for slightly over the bulb wattage. I've ran into longevity issues with using bulbs at the max of the rated wattage for the fixture.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom