Cold Corner *HELP*

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok do get some different decor-- something he can climb on-- go to or visit website PetSmart they have nice decor for dragons-- I would get rid of the solarglo it obviously is not doing what it needs to and get a regular bright white basking bulb--- wattage will be trial and error I would start w/ a 100 watt and get a 150 watt have on hand-- make sure you have a infrared heat gun from Walmart home Depot Lowe's around $10 or so so you can get accurate basking temps -- you don't want to cook him-- once you get all this lighting in place you will see a difference in his behavior--- right away
Karrie

Kaelwizard

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I have other wood he can climb on. It’ll take a lot of persuading to make my parents get a different basking light. Also his eyelids are like bluish when his eyes are closed. Almost like they are partially transparent. Is that bad?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Can you post a pic of his eyes and yes I dont think that is good----
Karrie

Kaelwizard

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
FannieWigma":1vqc32db said:
im ready to get a comfort corner.
is there a sticky with the basics/ how to/ when to etc that i could look at?
do you use it where a time out used to apply?
my middle one needs something like this in particular, but im not sure how to do it. so that it doesnt feel like a time out to him or me.

tia

_____
XEVIL: NEW innovative software for CAPTCHA's automatic solution
Are you kidding me? This is not a time out corner for if he gets in trouble. This is a possible matter of life or death!

For everyone else he is doing a bit better but still just lays in the corner. I added one of his old wood pieces to the basking spot so he can climb up there easier.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Pretty sure that is a spam bot. They have evolved over the years! LOL

Has he at least been acting alert and active?

Something we didn't ask, is there a plastic diffuser covering your uvb bulb at all?
You could turn off the bulb and look at the end, it will usually tell you what brand it is there.

-Brandon

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Kaelwizard":2vg0agnh said:
Are you kidding me? This is not a time out corner for if he gets in trouble. This is a possible matter of life or death!

This was a spam bot as mentioned. I've removed the post and banned the account. I apologize for the intrusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom