I’m scared of “my new to me” dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

RubyR27

Hello! I just joined this group as all of my questions I’ve asked google have led me here to great answers! ? I just got a 2 year old male dragon. His name is Pokey. Pokey FREAKS me out. He watches us when we are around and that’s cute, but when we got him out he jumped and ran, away. Now we’re just giving him more time to settle in before trying again. We have had him for 4 days. I go talk to him every day and make sure he has food. He started coming up to the glass and puffing up at me when I go talk to him now, I’m scared of him but I just want him to be happy and love us. I believe he had a good life with his previous owner he’s not skinny at all and doesn’t seem to look neglected or sickly. SOS!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It will just take some time ahbd patience. He's gotta settle into his new home and then he's gotta get to know you and build trust. just give it some time and keep working with him :)

-Brandon

RubyR27

Original Poster
Thanks Brandon! I hope he comes around he opened his mouth wide at me last night, I don’t want him to bite me when I am able to get him out.

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
Yeah, just give it time. You have to remember that we're huge compared to them, plus he's still having relocation stress most likely. In time, he'll see you're no threat, especially if you come bearing tasty, tasty, bugs :D

RubyR27

Original Poster
I got him some worms today and when my husband got him out he was a lot more chill and ate 5 worms I hope we’re feeding him enough. When we put him back he started glass surfing, does he want back out?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's really too early to tell. He still could just be freaking out a bit from the relocation stress. Try to take any weird behaviors with a grain of salt for the first week or two. :)

-Brandon

RubyR27

Original Poster
I’m happy to report we’re BFFs now lol he’s warmed up and now that I’ve researched he’s never black bearded me at all, just puffed, but we’re past that now ?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's great thanks for updating us! That's good to hear I am happy for you two! :)

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom