I’m scared of “my new to me” dragon

Have any questions about one of the many subtle behaviors a beardie has? Ask and discuss it here!

I’m scared of “my new to me” dragon

Postby RubyR27 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:11 pm

Hello! I just joined this group as all of my questions I’ve asked google have led me here to great answers! 😊 I just got a 2 year old male dragon. His name is Pokey. Pokey FREAKS me out. He watches us when we are around and that’s cute, but when we got him out he jumped and ran, away. Now we’re just giving him more time to settle in before trying again. We have had him for 4 days. I go talk to him every day and make sure he has food. He started coming up to the glass and puffing up at me when I go talk to him now, I’m scared of him but I just want him to be happy and love us. I believe he had a good life with his previous owner he’s not skinny at all and doesn’t seem to look neglected or sickly. SOS!
RubyR27
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: I’m scared of “my new to me” dragon

Postby claudiusx » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:50 pm

It will just take some time ahbd patience. He's gotta settle into his new home and then he's gotta get to know you and build trust. just give it some time and keep working with him :)

-Brandon
claudiusx
BD.org Sicko

Postby RubyR27 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:37 am

Thanks Brandon! I hope he comes around he opened his mouth wide at me last night, I don’t want him to bite me when I am able to get him out.
RubyR27
Newbie Poster

Postby Aaradimian » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:32 am

Yeah, just give it time. You have to remember that we're huge compared to them, plus he's still having relocation stress most likely. In time, he'll see you're no threat, especially if you come bearing tasty, tasty, bugs :D
Aaradimian
Juvie Poster

Postby RubyR27 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:52 pm

I got him some worms today and when my husband got him out he was a lot more chill and ate 5 worms I hope we’re feeding him enough. When we put him back he started glass surfing, does he want back out?
RubyR27
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby claudiusx » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:35 pm

It's really too early to tell. He still could just be freaking out a bit from the relocation stress. Try to take any weird behaviors with a grain of salt for the first week or two. :)

-Brandon
claudiusx
BD.org Sicko

Postby RubyR27 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:58 pm

I’m happy to report we’re BFFs now lol he’s warmed up and now that I’ve researched he’s never black bearded me at all, just puffed, but we’re past that now 😎
RubyR27
Newbie Poster

Postby claudiusx » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:02 pm

That's great thanks for updating us! That's good to hear I am happy for you two! :)

-Brandon
claudiusx
BD.org Sicko

Postby Aaradimian » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:23 am

Great news! I knew he'd come around :)
Aaradimian
Juvie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Behavior