BSFL and how many?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I ordered 500 BSFL today -- I need to know how many should be fed to Hiccup-- he is 18 months old and is 19 inches long and weighs 480 grams-------------
Karrie

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They are small so he'll be able to eat a ton of them. I advise feeding them slowly to allow them to be chewed up a bit. Especially if you see them start passing through undigested. This happens sometimes if they eat them too quickly (it's not harmful).

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Ok so how many is a ton I ordered 500 how long will that last
Karrie

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It depends on their appetite really. Sometimes they could probably put away 100 in a sitting. That said, I usually order the 500 size and it typically lasts a few months (Darwin is mainly vegetarian). I usually only offer 10 or so at a time (sometimes more, sometimes less) but there isn't a rule to that. Darwin really enjoys eating the flies when they hatch.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Ok so I fed him today but I didnt count - it wasnt many - I just got a 100 I think in - he is sick of roaches I think --- he is so on and off w/ eating I cant tell if hes tired of the roaches or what - He ate the BFSL today and 4 butterworms and he will only eat greens if I had feed them --- and then its like a few bites- I wish he was a vegie eater like most but for some reason he just is soooo picky!!
Karrie

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That sounds good. I don't count them either. I just offer food until he seems to lose interest. I just try to control how quickly he eats since he can get pretty excited at times. A lot of them aren't into veges so much, especially until they get older. They do tend to get picky at times and can get sick of the same food over and over. Just keep hand feeding what he'll take for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom