Upgraded Tank..Now Constant Digging/Wall Scratching

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
My beardie is less than a year old, and I recently upgraded his tank from Exo Terra Large/Low to Large/Wide. Since I moved him a few days ago he keeps digging and scratching the glass off and on throughout the day. Should I be concerned or is this normal behavior with the change?

Sorry I don't know why I posted this in enclosures, but did not know how to move it. Sorry

terrims313

Original Poster
Have the bar light inside all the way across diagonal. Its the arcadia bulb and then I just have a 100w basking bulb.

full

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Your lighting sounds good. He may just be exploring the new space a bit. I'd give him some time to adjust. If after a couple of weeks his restless behavior continues, you may want to provide time for him outside the tank to burn off some more energy.

terrims313

Original Poster
He has a hide underneath the tile you see in the photo. You think it would be better to get a shorter light? I have a female in the same size tank and she does actually have a shorter UV that spans a little more than half, but she never seems to go to the other side.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Well from what I have learned the UVB should not span the whole tank--- 2/3 at most-- so you might want to think of putting a shorter UVB in and have it so he can sit directly under it giving him the option of when he needs to sit under it
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom