Fallen Beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Not sure if that is blood- some others need to look-- has he eaten anything red in the past week or so? Red peppers or maybe carrots sweet potato that would turn it that color?
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
So its possible he might have gotten a piece of loose sand off that mat? I know I use to use them but got rid of them and went to a slated ceramic tile --- that is whats in my 120 or 4x2x2 tank now-- they dont clean up very well --- and it was getting too costly to replace --- textured non adhesive shelf liner from Home Depot or Lowes etc can be used and its snap to clean up vinegar/water 50/50 and insects cant get underneath ---- sorry got side tracked --- I would like for some one else to look at the poop pic--- I would repost under Health and ask Is this blood ? for a heading ---
Karrie

Vespucci

Original Poster
Ok thank you i smashed the poop to see if it was hard and it wasnt so I am hoping it is mealworm he doesnt ever seem intrested in veggies or fruits

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I don't expect him to eat till you get the UVB changed out--- that is crucial to him-- it controls their behavior digestion and over all health--
Karrie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your dragon today? Is he walking & climbing normally, but, just not eating?
As Karrie explained, unfortunately the compact/coil lights are not very bright & their UVB
emissions spike & don't cover a very large area either. Their wavelengths aren't conducive
to D3 synthesis. A new tube UVB should really help him out.
I think the stool looks pretty normal. The color can be off from supplementation, or just from
different types of foods. Mealworms might change the color or consistency of his stool.
What type & brand of supplements are you giving him?
I hope he is going to be alright after falling.

Tracie

Vespucci

Original Poster
He is climbing normally he is still not eating a lot but he is drinking out of his mist bottle a little bit I put a taller rock in his viv and placed the UVB coil inside corner of the viv instead of on top of metal mesh top he seems to like it a little better and is basking right now.

Vespucci

Original Poster
full

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I am not sure you should have that UVB in his tank -- that bulb could hurt his eyes--- others on here I am hoping would weigh in on this
Karrie

Vespucci

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1dqtkok2 said:
I am not sure you should have that UVB in his tank -- that bulb could hurt his eyes--- others on here I am hoping would weigh in on this
Karrie

I am not sure either unfortunately do you think hes better with no light until tomorrow I am going to pt store and getting a t5 bulb and fixture poor baby cant wait any longer I just want him eating regularly.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yes shut it off-- it's not going to hurt him to go w/ out it--- my dragons lights are off now- his are on 12 hrs off 12 hrs
Karrie

Vespucci

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2lj6jmvk said:
Yes shut it off-- it's not going to hurt him to go w/ out it--- my dragons lights are off now- his are on 12 hrs off 12 hrs
Karrie

I thought 12 hour cycles were for winter time? I go 730am to 9

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Rule of thumb is 12 hrs on 12 off but it's up to you- just as long as there is 2 hrs on after feeding so they have time to bask-- mine is going to bed around 12 hrs--- so I shut lights off
Karrie

SPandS

Juvie Member
I also go 730am to 9pm in the summer and as winter comes start shortening it up closer to 12 hours.

A few days without uvb shouldn't hurt him until you're able to get a better light, if you could bring him out to get some real sun that would be great. I've never been able to get the t5 bulbs or fixture in store and always had to order online. It'll probably be cheaper too unless you can get the store to price match if you're able to find them in store.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom