Urate stuck on vent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drogon19Mom

So my sweet little Beardie I got from a reptile show 3 weeks ago has some major health issues we are dealing with. We think he is about 3-4 months old.

3 days after we got him we ended up taking him to a vet, he had a dark spot on his leg and the scales didn’t look right. We found out that he had a fungal infection, and soft bones, due to poor nutrition. So we got an antifungal, and I biotic, steroid medicine from the vet. We also had to go back and pick up medicine for the parasites he had intestinally.

On Thursday I got a message from my husband saying that there was something red coming out of his vent. Come to find out he had a prolapse. So now that has been taken care of, also found Out at the fungal infection has gotten worse. So now he’s on an anti-parasite medication, and her back t out at the fungal infection has gotten worse. So now he’s on an anti-parasite medication, antibiotic, and antibiotic cream. He also is not shedding properly due to all of the health issues he came to us with.

This morning I noticed that he was having trouble going to the bathroom. When the vet tech called I did mention this to them and they said to give him a bath and that the stitches could be pulling. I took a road trip to a pet store 1 1/2 away from my house to get him some Dubia roaches and when I got back I noticed that he had Urate stuck to his vent. I gave him a bath, but it is still stuck, any ideas what else I can do?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Poor little guy, can you post some pics to show the dragon's size, a pic of the fungal problem and also of the vent ? How long has he been on the meds ? The antibiotics may be doing more harm than good really, antifungal cream can be helpful though. How long did you wait to feed him again after they put the stitches in ? A dragon should not be fed for at least 3-4 days so they give the prolapse time to heal and not have the urge to poo because of being fed too soon.

Here's how to post pics :
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload them

Drogon19Mom

Original Poster
The vet Didn’t say anything about not feeding him, that we should try to get some Dubia roaches to feed him. I’m wondering if it’s because he’s so underweight. I plan on calling the vet tomorrow when they open.

Drogon19Mom

Original Poster
We just finished the 2nd round (about 1 week apart) of Anti-parasite med and Saturday (yesterday), He’s been on the oral antibiotic since Thursday, as well as the cream antibiotic.

The vet says that the prolapses are caused mostly by parasites or a calcium Deficiency, which he has both unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom