Is this blood?

Status
Not open for further replies.
full

Woke up this morning and noticed this, and I'm pretty concerned. I would just write this off as some discoloration, but never has the urate been this vibrantly colored. I can't see why it would be red like this because he hasn't eaten anything red or orange at all in the past couple days.

If you need the setup, he lives in a 4x2x2 enclosure (I hope those are the right measurements, it's basically a 120 gallon wooden box), with a sand substrate and a reptisun 10.0. The only thing I'm concerned about in his enclosure is the chemical residue from the F10 on his cave. His basking spot averages at about 103, but he is only 9 months old so I think it's right.

And for those worried abut the sand, he has never eaten it. I have never witnessed him eating sand, and all his food is put in bowls so he doesn't eat anything he's not supposed to. I am willing to change my mind about sand if you offer a good argument, but that's not what I'm here for.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I am not sure what that is since hes not eating anything red --- but what ever it is hes probably ingested something--- even tho you dont see him eat sand at some point I am sure he has licked it as they all lick --------------- my recommendation to you is get rid of the sand --- most on here do not recommend sand simply because of the impaction risk------there are better safer substrates --- one a textured non adhesive shelf liner - you can get from Home Depot or Lowes etc...... its cheap and can be cleaned w / vinegar / water 50/50 in a spray bottle and insects cannot get underneath -- also slated ceramic tile -- cheap easy to clean and can be bought at same place --- I have tile in my tank and love it!! Others on here will haft to look at the poop and see what they think
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Its usually not necessary to worry about one-off odd poo's unless they becoming recurring. Many things can cause weird BM's just like it can with us.

Sometimes over supplementation discolors the urate, but you are right it's usually not so vibrant. Either way, I wouldn't worry much unless it continues.
It's hard to really tell from the picture but i'd doubt it is blood.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom