Too cluttered maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiXX

Hatchling Member
Trying to figure out Dobby's behaviour, she went away for a week and she's been constantly trying to get out of her viv instead of hiding away like she did before we went away, anyway I don't think there was anything in her boarders viv except her food, water, a basking log and hide. Just wondering if our viv is too cluttered, what do you guys think?
100805-4094956215.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What size tank is this? To me it looks to small --- if shes trying to get out all the time and she had free roam my guess is shes feeling trapped-- they need floor space and it looks like there isnt much there --I guess I would look at getting a bigger tank for her ---
Karrie

DiXX

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hi her viv in UK terms is 48" long x 24"high and 19" wide. I'm not sure what that is in gallons but is the recommended size for 1 adult over here. Everything else is normal, her eating temps and uvb is newish. 3 months old max. I have some backgrounds arriving soon so will see what happens. She has loads of free roaming time, she is doing small frequent poops, been twice today so don't know if she's feeling poorly. I might make appointment for her vet on Monday, can they suddenly get more active for no reason? Maybe I'm worrying because she's spent months hiding away x

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
So tank conversion says its around 94 gallons --- the UVB is it inside the tank I can see it but see the light only--- and what is it ? Brand and bulb? That tank should be big enough ---- I am trying to figure out why she would want out all the time w/ the time she is getting out side as well --- something is off
Karrie

DiXX

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
The uv is inside the viv and is t5 desert 14% I changed it as the t8 flickered all the time. Could it just be that she went away so hit a bit unsettled? She went to a reptile rescue center which also do holiday boarding. Ive known them for a while so know they would look after her. They got her eating veg but she won't touch it now she's home. Her temps are 95 - 100 and 80 cool end. I even considered that they gave us wrong beardie back but it's definitely Dobby, does it matter that she's pooping small amounts more regular? She used to only go in Bath once per week but now it's every day, I'll take a pic of her maybe you can spot something. I know its difficult on a picture. But worth a try.i will also weigh her.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Desert bulb? Brand please-- the T 8 was flickering that would be the fixture I am thinking--
Karrie

DiXX

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
100805-5052231699.jpg
100805-5764555219.jpg
100805-3221142581.jpg
100805-5908474740.jpg
100805-4292486338.jpg
. She has lost a bit of weight. Now 479 grams. She was 495 grams end of June.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
So good strong bulb--- what is the distance from basking spot for UVB? Is she able to sit directly under it? It's odd she ate vegies at rescue but not at home-- is there a reflector on the bulb? And if she's losing weight that isn't good-- maybe she should be tested for parasites- but I would get lighting figured out --
Karrie

SPandS

Juvie Member
Small frequent poops is a sign of having eggs and the digging to get out could be her trying to find a place to lay. Do you have a dig box for her?

DiXX

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
the uvb is 12" from the basking spot and 14" from the floor, it covers the whole vivarium the basking bulb is around 6" above her log and her head is a good 4" below the bulb . Someone else said maybe she has eggs, I will put a box with play sand and soil mix in for her, should it be cool end ? does it hurt them when they lay eggs? I will try dig box over weekend if no joy will take her to vets Monday. Thank You :)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yes SandP is right I did not even think of her being w/ eggs----- but I would definitely get a dig box and I am not sure about heat --- if its cool end or warm side or even outside the tank and in a tote---- someone else can answer that question
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom