Sudden yellow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silentsong23

We are teally worried we have already lost one beardie we are farely certain she ate a poisonous insect while we were asleep.
Our new one is very small as well and just happens to have this yellow just showing up in the last couple of days :( im not sure what to make of it and im worried tgat something is wrong. Especially cus theres some grey on one side
We just changed her tank yesterday to a bigger one and put the walnut substrate we were told to use in it. We try to give her as much natural sun as possible in addition to her lights.
Is this normal color?
105227-7669876436.jpg
105227-4427208751.jpg
105227-383353928.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
It looks like coloring to me--- you say he ate a insect while you were asleep -- if it was poisonous he would be doing some strange things ------------like his beard would be black --- that is a sign of distress--- I am guessing its his coloring
Karrie

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'll bet those areas are about to shed. It looks like waxy skin with natural yellow coloring.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Doesnt look like anything to be concerned with. It could just be natural coloring coming in as suggested, or shed.

I'd highly suggest you reconsider your choice to use walnut shell though. That stuff tears up the insides when ingested.

-Brandon

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Oh dear walnut shell? I was told that is toxic to dragons-- a better substrate would be textured non adhesive shelf liner-- from home Depot or Lowe's it's cheap and easy to clean w/ vinegar/ water 50/50 in a spray bottle-- insects cannot get underneath-- if he's in a small tank like a 20 gallon I would use paper towels -- with that advice about the walnut shells what other things were you told?
Karrie

Silentsong23

Original Poster
Thank you all for the teplys i feel a little better now!! I was also told to go ahead and get a bigger tank since storm wasnt growing very fast any more. So we got a full size tank. Its 75 gallons :( we still have the smaller 29 long that we are keeping crickets in. Maybe we could feed our beardie in there till i can change the substrate? We were trying to make it as desert like as we could.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The bigger tank was a good idea :) just the substrate not so much. You can get some sand colored tiles that look very nice and they are a great option.

Slow growth is usually related to improper lighting, temperature, and diet.

If youd like, we can go over those items with you to make sure there isnt anything else you could improve upon. :)

-Brandon

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
The baby is not growing? A 75 gallon tank is pretty good size for a little one- you can section that tank off to like 1/2 for now --- now you have me wondering what kind of lighting do you have in the tank -- please post pics of the tank and lighting --- he should be growing like crazy for a baby--- and I would recommend feeding dubia roaches --- here is some info on dubias
Dubias
• Wide range of sizes
• Long life span
• Excellent nutrition
• Easy to digest
• High in protein
Convenient for you
• Odorless and soundless
• Will not infest your home
• Can be stored out of sight
• Easy to care for
• Cannot jump, fly or climb
• they tend not give parasites/ pin worms like crickets and easy to feed dubia food carrots squash apples / strawberries etc.............. they can be kept in the tank you have the crickets in
Karrie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

He is a little sweetie, & I definitely don't see any fungal issues either. :D
It does seem like that area is just going to shed! Their pigmentation & coloring will change
throughout their lifetime, too.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lil booshka
Top Bottom