Dubias vs Crickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deabrua

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Dezzy is 5yo 18" F, Percy is 8yo 19" M
I see a lot of people comparing say 1 dubia to 6 crickets, or that their dragon can eat a hundred plus crickets per feeding. What size crickets are we talking here? I couldn't imagine a single dubia being equivalent to 6 1/2" crickets much less longer. And I couldnt imagine even a larger dragon eating more than a few dozen 1/2" crickets much less one hundred. Now if we're talking 1/4" crickets? I dont see an end to any dragon eating them. They're practically nothing.

Now, these same questions go for BSFL. People talk about feeding 4 dozen BSFL like a 1/4 sized snack then going on to feeding their dragon an "actual meal" of dubias, worms, crickets, what have you. The larger BSFL could/should be able to be an entire meal without feeding hundreds?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The larger the cricket the less they are gonna eat --- same w/ the dubias--- my guy ate 6-8 medium size dubias at the age of 7 months old or so --- he would not eat anymore than that--- as far as crickets I cant tell you cuz he didnt like them -- we started out w/ them when I brought him home and he really would not eat them so I was suggested by my vet to switch him over anyway to dubias so I did --- they go by the size between the eyes of the dragon and to feed as many as he will eat in a 10-15 minute time frame - I basically hand feed Hiccup the dubias meaning I feed him one at a time in his tank keep feeding until he quits chasing them - then I pull what he has not eaten --- as far as BSFL I have never fed as a staple and I am sure alot haft to be fed at a time as they are very small --- the dubias are healthier feeder --- they tend not to give parasites/ pin worms like crickets---
Karrie

Deabrua

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Dezzy is 5yo 18" F, Percy is 8yo 19" M
I usually put 5 crix in the tank at a time to let her chase until she loses interest or 10 minutes is up. I would switch to dubias in a heart beat but house owners dislike the occasional cricket escapee and are too worried about a roach infestation. Just curious about the feeding ratios since I always see people making comparisons like 1 dubia = 6 crickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom