Beardie mucus in poo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arivgonza

92266-5721529443.jpg
Hi! My 7 year old beardie named Randall has had a long history of being constipated requiring pedialyte baths and daily soaks to get him to pass. As he ages, he likes bugs less and less and greens more. I have been worried about him for a little over a month because he seems a big lethargic. I got him brand new UV lights and an additional heat bulb. His tank is around 90-95* and he has a little hide away hut. Since the bulb changes, he has been more active, put more, eating more etc. but still not pooping normally. I have him soaks for 5 days straight and got close to taking him to the vet because he hadn’t pooped in almost a month until he finally did today during his pedialyte soak. Again-the constipation thing is not new for him and although his lethargic behavior scared me, the bulb change seemed to change that. Last time he passed there was a tiny bit of red in his stool/urate and I was hoping it was due to constipation and not parasites. Today, he passed in the bath so I could not get a pic of the poo although it did come out formed. I took this pic of the urate that has me somewhat worried. The urate is a bit hard which I expected because it’s been awhile since he last passed anything. But what is this mucus thing attached to the urate? It’s squishy just like mucus or jelly. Is this normal? Could he have parasites? Or is this due to constipation? What should I do?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Its good the lighting helped --- what did you change it out too or what do you have for lighting ?
you can try feeding sweet potato --- it is supposed to keep them regular --- when he went I am assuming he kind of had a blow out --- meaning A LOT- I know mine goes A LOT when he does go cuz it takes him a long time for him to poop--- I am not sure about the mucus stuff--- see if you can get a pic of it the next time he goes -- some others on here might have an idea of what it was
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom