Eye problem! Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

samilouw

My bearded dragon has had a watery eye and crust forms every other day to where she cant open her eyes. Is there any kind of eye drops I could try ?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please post a pic of her eye --- what kind of lighting do you have going in your tank?
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so good lighting it sounds like --- please post a pic of her eye so when the more experienced see it they can help--- do you know what caused the eye to do this?
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You can try saline drops to help flush out whatever could be in the eye. If you could post pics of your tank and the eye that would help.

Is it possible that something might have got into the eye such as sand?

-Brandon

samilouw

Original Poster
Yes I will post a picture in few I am at work. She is housed on reptile carpet but used to be on sand about 5 years ago and she did get that in her eye. Has anyone tried terramycin? For the eyes

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
ok so no sand in the eye--- well help w/ the eye can be better after pics are posted --- in the meantime if you get tired of cleaning the carpet you can look at getting some textured non adhesive shelf liner from Home Depot or Lowes etc -- its cheap easy to clean w/ vinegar/ water 50/50 in a spray bottle - and insects dont get underneath
Karrie

samilouw

Original Poster
And one eye will open all the way once I clean it but looks a little droopy and they both get watery

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I also answered on your other post regarding the products.
You are using a long tube bulb, the Reptisun 10 correct? How far away from her is it?
Do you have it mounted alongside of a bright white basking light?

Tracie

samilouw

Original Poster
Yes I am using the long tube reptisun 10. The closest she can be to that light is about a hand length away but everything else in her enclosure is lower. The long tube is put diagonally because if its straight across I wont have room for the heat light

SPandS

Juvie Member
Is the reptisun 10 the t5 or t8? You mention a heat light but not what kind, is it a bright white bulb?

SPandS

Juvie Member
How are her eyes? Are you still cleaning them? Do you know if your reptisun is a t5 or t8? I'm asking because a t5 at hand length away is very close and could be hurting her eyes, if it's a t8 is shouldn't be a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom