Leaving for College!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DwightsDad

Beardie name(s)
Dwight
So I've had my beardie for almost 2 years now, raised the lil guy from a juvenile. I make sure to handle him every other day so he stays used to human contact but also has his own space. I'm leaving for a college dorm in a couple of months and I'm not sure how it's going to effect him! My parents, bless their souls, agreed to take care of him but that really means they'll make his daily salad and I'm trying to convince them to pick up his poop. I'm staying in state, so I plan on driving home on the weekends to clean his tank, give him his insect feeders, baths, and handle him. But I guess my question is, will this be enough for him to survive happily? I just worry a lot when it comes to my animals.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What kind of substrate do you have in your tank? Are they not willing to clean the tank as well while your gone ? I think he will be fine I am assuming your going to be feeding the insects over the weekend if I am reading it right--- have you not thought of taking him w/ you?
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom