New to bearded dragon family

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I'd say most everything you got in the starter kit is useless sorry to say -- please dont use the under mat heater they gave you either - bearded dragons heat from the tops not the tummies --- your basking temps need to be taken w/ the IR gun I mentioned in my last post ----------- and please get rid of ALL the colored bulbs--- if you want extra lighting in the tank I use a regular household bulb non LED that is a 60 watt on my cool side it does not heat that side of the tank --- you can change the substrate out to a textured non adhesive shelf liner that would be easier to clean but hes not going to be in that 20 gallon very long --- I would plan to upgrade your tank to the largest that you can afford --- they recommend a 75 - 120 gallon --- and I would recommend one w/ front doors--- the dry pellet food I dont know if he will eat that but I would recommend you feed him dubia roaches --- they are way easier to deal w/ than crickets--- if you would like info on that please ask --- plus they dont stink and last longer than crickets--- Browser needs to be able to sit directly under his UVB and his basking light right now he is not set up that way but that UVB you have is really no good and harmful to him --- since hes in a 20 gallon tank I would get the new UVB and straddle it over his tank --- once you get him into a new tank it would need to go inside the tank but we would need to know what bulb and the screen on the top --- fine mesh or wide hole---
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Krissi1990":2qn4i8dx said:
hopefully this isnt a bad kit ill be mad cause it was like 200 when i first got it
I am so sorry ------------------- they really know how to take advantage of people :( :shock: --- research on beardies is the best
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Well you're getting good advice so I'll just pop in to say, welcome to the site! :)

-Brandon

Krissi1990

Original Poster
thanks all and i figured it wasnt all usefull and the heating matt i put on the side of the tank not under it just for a lil extra heat and yeah when i have the extra money i plan on getting him a much bigger tank but as for now the top is mesh metal lineing and i plan on getting new lights soon also
he seems happy and healthy as of right now but i want him to be good in the long run and happy and heathy then also

Krissi1990

Original Poster
hi my name is kristina my beardies name is bowser he hasnt been pooping the past comple days i been worried about inpaction is there anyway to get rid of that at home or do i need to take him to the vet i got him at about 4 months old hes 8 months now i just dont know how to help him he has an app for the vet on the fourth for a check up.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Krissi1990":2bndi1cr said:
hi my name is kristina my beardies name is bowser he hasnt been pooping the past comple days i been worried about inpaction is there anyway to get rid of that at home or do i need to take him to the vet i got him at about 4 months old hes 8 months now i just dont know how to help him he has an app for the vet on the fourth for a check up.

I have moved the thread you made to the health section, and have posted on it there :)

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom