Weird behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hashman

I moved my little guy that’s about 3 months into a 40gal and ever since he won’t even let my hand near him without him freaking out and or running away from me. He’s never done this before and he also has some stress marks

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hes probably going thru relocation stress again --- approach from the side not over head --- he will think your a predator -- give him time he will adjust -- I noticed that you have a dual dome lighting whats in there? A coil UVB?
Karrie

Hashman

Original Poster
KarrieRee":161yoa15 said:
Hes probably going thru relocation stress again --- approach from the side not over head --- he will think your a predator -- give him time he will adjust -- I noticed that you have a dual dome lighting whats in there? A coil UVB?
Karrie
It’s a 10.0 reptisun compact fluorescent.. I just moved him from a 10 gallon and he was acting perfect in there. Do you think it is because I don’t have the tube 10.0? And then I have a 75 watt basking light

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yes get rid of the compact -- they are harmful to the dragon -- get the tube either the T 8 or T 5-- depending on screen wide hole or fine mesh the T 5 can go on top if it's fine mesh it will need to go into tank--- that is another reason for the behavior
Karrie

Hashman

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2qculdc8 said:
Yes get rid of the compact -- they are harmful to the dragon -- get the tube either the T 8 or T 5-- depending on screen wide hole or fine mesh the T 5 can go on top if it's fine mesh it will need to go into tank--- that is another reason for the behavior
Karrie
I have the exo terra 40 gal.. it has pretty fine mesh and a background. I’ve seen the t5 can go on top because it is stronger or do I still need to find a way to put it inside the tank? It’s difficult because the background and no way to hang it

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I would put it in the tank and I will post some things to use for hanging tomorrow unless someone beats me to it--- the background is on back of tank?
Karrie

Hashman

Original Poster
KarrieRee":161altwz said:
I would put it in the tank and I will post some things to use for hanging tomorrow unless someone beats me to it--- the background is on back of tank?
Karrie
Yeah, it’s a styrofoam background if you look up exo terra medium terrarium that’s what I have

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so you may haft to take the background off for a bit to hang the UVB inside the tank -- it does not get hot---- here are some things to hang it w/ command Velcro fasteners- picture hanging wire – plastic zip ties---https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nylon-Cable-Tie-Ties-Black-2-5-3-5-4-8-7-6-9-X-100-150-200-300-370-530mm-UV-Good/332871964184?hash=item4d80b71618:m:m40KOkegiGiJeePUguhY5cQ&var=541991102297
97951-2515040147.jpg
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom