Dubia Roaches Daily for Adult Beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

PulaskiKeyGirl

My question is what harm might my husband be potentially causing our beardie by feeding her Dubia Roaches every day. She refuses any greens so he feels this is good enough. I have done plenty of research saying only 2 or 3 times a week. Please keep in mind we recently adopted her from a cardboard box. I want the best for her and want to give her the best home we can. She loves for me to allow her to hang out on my shoulder as well. We have struck up a friendship!!

Glamamama

Hatchling Member
Have you tried a variety of different greens separate and mixed? Good ones are dandelion greens (my Shoprite and Whole Foods often has them, mustard greens, turnip greens (my Walmart often has them) escarole, collard greens (take off the thick ribs they don't like them usually) butternut squash raw...peel off the skin with a veggie peeler (I use a julienne peeler for his pieces he likes them thin
Some of them have particular preference for one or another. I also add in a bit of zucchini and yellow squash also using that julienne peeler it makes thin little ropes. The added advantage is the zucchini, yellow squash and butternut ends up looking like little worms. You can also try sticking the bowl under her face and nudging the food so it looks like worms moving they are attracted to that.

If your stores don't carry some of these greens, ask the produce manager I have had luck with them ordering stuff when I ask. Hope this helps.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
How old is the dragon? If it is still a juvenile then the dubias every day are good - if older than year then yes two - three times / week --- and I would offer the salad like the post above mine--- there is a website for nutrition -http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
you dont want to give a older dragon too much protein as it can cause gout--- and that is not good - explain that to your husband ---
Karrie

PulaskiKeyGirl

Original Poster
Shes an adult to the best we know. We did try turnip greens, mustard greens, and collard greens. We put a few worms under neath all of it to creat movement. Seems like any other beardie on here, she was smart. She waited till the worm was in sight and grabbed it only ?. Im not giving in. Im gonna keep trying till she eats her greens! I did order better lighting as well after reading on the reptisun 10.0 t5 bulb everyone recommended. Thanks for the replies and info. I will definitely try some squash and shredding it and I have already downloaded the nutritional guide.

Glamamama

Hatchling Member
Sometimes they like greens chopped very finely as well. Sometimes color attracts them so try shredded butternut mixed in with chopped greens and you can also put a few tiny slices of strawberry in there. Fruit should be minimal though just a treat. .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom