biked to the lake

Status
Not open for further replies.
my beardie sat with me for a bit over 10 miles while we biked to the local lake. she went running around the beach and climbed a tree while we were there. 92F and sunny today, she seemed to enjoy herself

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
I'm curious how she rode the bike with you. On your shoulder or in a basket. It sounds like a nice adventure. How tall was the tree she climbed?

ncc74656

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
she went about 9 feet up the tree but i didnt get a picture. i stood blow her incase she fell. all the climbing she does and im still afraid she will fall, she never has tho.

parts of the lake were closed so we didnt get swimming in. i only got a single photo.

she sat on my shoulder for the ride, we averaged 13mph with sections i went up to 22 or so.

1WDC2KMMP15wJcw3A

njE0zxn.jpg

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
ncc74656":11vz8qp5 said:
she sat on my shoulder for the ride, we averaged 13mph with sections i went up to 22 or so.

Wow impressive! You two must have a lot of trust in each other!: D

-Brandon

ncc74656

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
i got her by chance at around 4 months old. she was dieing in a pet store, couldnt even walk or eat on her own. at around 7 months she started coming with me places. then at 9 or so months she started learning to pertch on my shoulder. she will sit up there for hours while walking at the mall or down the trails, she sleeps there at times as well. this was the first time i tried biking but she took to it well.

there are times i think she is going to fall but she never has. ill come home with her on my shoulder and try to make her fall off onto the couch but she just clings on. she spends a lot of time climbing the screened in outdoor cage she has so she has lots of practice in that reguard

ncc74656

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
no, she is pretty good at not tearing at things. she will crawl up my arm and some times my neck/top of head when she wants to be king of the hill... she is pretty gentle, ive never had more than a light scratch from her.

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Those google pics are nice. The bath videos I like. I always hear people give their beardie a bath in the sink, never saw a video before

ncc74656

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
she goes in the sink too, i leave a towel draped over. most mornings when im taking a shower she will be up there at least on the edge of the tub if not down in the shower itself. she has free reign around the condo so she gets a lot of walking in

vrenee1018

Juvie Member
This post is awesome! I have a basket for my bike and have been toying with putting my little on in and keep her secure with a harness that I have for her. Now I may actually try it as I thought I may have been a little overzealous with wanting to take her everywhere every which way possible. Haha I'm so happy that you had such a great outing with your little one!!!!

:blob8: :blob5:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom