8 month old trying to brumate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nelson has been laying under his furniture for about 2-3 days now. Hes completely in the shade and hasnt eaten in this time. He looks fine, no obvious issues and he has his eyes open. I'm curious as to whether he is trying to brumate?

NelsonBernard

Original Poster
Literally seconds after I posted this, I got him out for a check and he was super alert. I put him back in his viv and fed him 5 locusts so maybe hes just being a lazy sod.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What kind of lighting do you have in your tank? And where do you live ? Is it winter there? They should not be trying to brumate at 8 months old especially if its summer----------- 8 months old is too early to brumate --- maybe semi but if its summer I would say something is going on w/ the lighting in the tank ----------- brand and bulb ? And where in the tank is it ? top of screen or inside tank?
Karrie

NelsonBernard

Original Poster
KarrieRee":ufpemalc said:
What kind of lighting do you have in your tank? And where do you live ? Is it winter there? They should not be trying to brumate at 8 months old especially if its summer----------- 8 months old is too early to brumate --- maybe semi but if its summer I would say something is going on w/ the lighting in the tank ----------- brand and bulb ? And where in the tank is it ? top of screen or inside tank?
Karrie

Arcadia 12% uvb. Inside tank. Im in the uk, its the start of summer

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Well thats a good bulb too --- I would keep an eye on his behavior-- as long as hes eating and going poop -- he does need to bask if he is eating --- what are his basking temps? How are you taking them temp gun? probe? stick ons?
Karrie

NelsonBernard

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3o3g3fgt said:
Well thats a good bulb too --- I would keep an eye on his behavior-- as long as hes eating and going poop -- he does need to bask if he is eating --- what are his basking temps? How are you taking them temp gun? probe? stick ons?
Karrie

He hasnt pooped for a while because he's hardly eaten. His recent poos have had undigested bugs in so i've turned his temps up and at the min the hot end is 106 degrees but hes under his thing which is making it 99 degrees in the shade.

I used a temp gun for those but also have a probe in the tank.

His behaviour seems to have changed since I got him back from the reptile place I was boarding him at whilst I was away. I'm worried he might have picked up something in the different tank

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ugh that wouldn't be good-- ok so how long have you had the temps up?
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
That is good -- just keep an eye on his behavior and if he becomes lethargic doing stuff out of the ordinary I would be taking him to the vet
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom