Huge Mass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thebearded1

Original Poster
Yes he is still active, eating very well and seems happy. I guess I will have a more informed decision when he goes back next Thursday to see if he put on enough weight and the vet feels he is a surgical candidate.

CooperDragon":8p482usb said:
The unknown is the rough part. He is still active and alert and seems happy?

Thebearded1

Original Poster
So I took Aussie to the vet today, he gained weight, the mass has grown also. It is now or never time since the mass is only getting bigger and she has to out out the skin involved and there is not going to be enough skin to close back together if it gets any bigger. As it is she is going to have to be careful so as not to take too much skin but still be able to remove the entire mass. I opted to have the surgery performed, it is very high risk because of the size, It has doubled since the pics were taken about 6 weeks ago. The Vet will not know if it's attached deeper into the chest cavity or on the outside of the rib cage until she goes in. Please send out prayers for a successful surgery, skills for the surgeons hands, minimally invasive procedure and speedy recovery. Thank you.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh dear, we will all be sending our thoughts out to you both!
When was/is the surgery being done? How is he doing?
I hope that they are able to successfully remove the mass without too much trouble. Any
surgery is always risky, with reptiles.
Keep us posted on him.

Tracie

Thebearded1

Original Poster
Tahnk you for the thoughts Traci.. The surgery was on Thursday. The vet said it was pretty messy inside, she was able to get most of the mass but not all. She thought they had lost him during the surgery as they could not find a heart beat or respiration, however, as she continued to remove the mass, the tech said he was still with us. The vet called later and said that he was in the incu/heater recovering and had moved around a bit. I was to pick him up the next day on Friday. I received a call Friday at 1030am telling me that Aussie had not made it through the night. I don't get it. If he made it thru the rough part, why? She said it was very risky. I am so sad I could not even update this post yesterday. I will go get him today lay him to rest next to his mate of 10 years. #SUCKS#SAD#RIIPAUSSIE

Drache613":1qa4ngq5 said:
Hello,

Oh dear, we will all be sending our thoughts out to you both!
When was/is the surgery being done? How is he doing?
I hope that they are able to successfully remove the mass without too much trouble. Any
surgery is always risky, with reptiles.
Keep us posted on him.

Tracie

Just because he passed the hard part doesn't mean there won't be anything that's coming.

ANY kind of surgery will have a post-surgery effects on your body.

It may be all sorts of stuff.

Could be that the pain dampeners wore off and couldn't endure it.
Could be that the surgery was too huge that the body collapsed after it.
Could be that the after all the surgery your beardy went to an eternal relief.

We don't know, and just because something was done, doesn't mean anything won't happen after.
End is a beginning of something.

Condolences.

Aww I'm so sorry to hear about this. The only thing I hope for is that it wasn't too traumatic for Aussie. It's so hard losing an animal because we almost always have to make the decision that sends them away. At a certain point though, the decision isn't really ours, it just has to come from us. You did the right thing by trying. Take it easy on yourself, and remember all of the good stuff.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
So very sorry to hear about the loss of your precious Aussie. :( I know the pain of losing a beloved pet, and I'm sure he was that to you.

Thebearded1

Original Poster
Awwee...THANK You everyone for the kind words. Yes it truly sucks but as stated, it really isn't our decision, and I am glad I made the decision to try to help Aussie as the mass was growing quickly and it would have become uncomfortable at some point and then I would be "forced" into a decision. He is resting now with his mate "Opie" where I laid her to rest a couple years ago. Thanks again all.

Thebearded1

Original Poster
Thank you, yes you are so right, the end is a beginning. The Vet said the same, could have been a few things.

I will go with the "Eternal Relief", he is now with his long time mate, Opie, of 10 years. Thank you again.

tetriminoss":2lrqxcj1 said:
Just because he passed the hard part doesn't mean there won't be anything that's coming.

ANY kind of surgery will have a post-surgery effects on your body.

It may be all sorts of stuff.

Could be that the pain dampeners wore off and couldn't endure it.
Could be that the surgery was too huge that the body collapsed after it.
Could be that the after all the surgery your beardy went to an eternal relief.

We don't know, and just because something was done, doesn't mean anything won't happen after.
End is a beginning of something.

Condolences.

Thebearded1

Original Poster
Thank you so much.

I was doing the 2nd guessing for a day or two but realize that I tried to give him more happy years but it just wasn't in the heavens plans. So I appreciate that words to "take it easy" on myself.

ElisaAndSteven":xnonxgd2 said:
Aww I'm so sorry to hear about this. The only thing I hope for is that it wasn't too traumatic for Aussie. It's so hard losing an animal because we almost always have to make the decision that sends them away. At a certain point though, the decision isn't really ours, it just has to come from us. You did the right thing by trying. Take it easy on yourself, and remember all of the good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom