Doesn't like me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moon4wolfgirl

Hatchling Member
Hi, every time I hold my beardie he tries to move somewhere else and rather be in his cage , I did have a great bond with him but recently I have been busy and he seems he doesn't like me or doesn't remember me. Any ideas

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
How old is? They dont forget you ---- behavior has a lot to do w/ the lighting -- what kind of lighting do you have in the tank brand and bulb please and where is it at on top of screen or inside the tank
any colored bulbs?
Karrie

Moon4wolfgirl

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
He is around 10 months (i got him in October), I have a 100 watt exo terra, and a reptisun
5.0 inside the cage with no scene above it. and no colored bulbs.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The 5.0 is is not strong enough but it is usable I would recommend the next time you change it out to go to the 10.0 bulb--- the glass surfing means he wants out --- the 5.0 bulb is it 6-8 inches from his basking spot? When was the last time you changed bulb out? They do need to be changed every 6 months --- what size tank do you have him in? What is the basking temp in the tank and how are you taking it? temp gun stick ons or probe?
Karrie

Moon4wolfgirl

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I just got here bulb like in April and it's an ok spot from his basing spot he can get closer to the bulb if he wants to because he has a huge branch for the basking spot his tank size is a little bigger than a 4*2*2. His basking temp is around an hundred degrees Fahrenheit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom