You know you're a beardie owner when...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
I think some beardies just enjoy having a warm mammalian body to snuggle up with, whether it comes with a movie or not. :wink:

So here's another one: You know you're a beardie slave when your favorite thing to do on a summer afternoon is to sit in a nice weed patch and pick dandelions for your bearded dragon. :mrgreen:

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
SHBailey":3udg7der said:
So here's another one: You know you're a beardie slave when your favorite thing to do on a summer afternoon is to sit in a nice weed patch and pick dandelions for your bearded dragon. :mrgreen:

Or when you go to pick them and your beardie sits on that very special one you want to keep and kills the plant so have to pick it anyway haha :)

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Our beardie usually doesn't get a chance to interfere with the weed picking because it's usually too cool for him to be outside. Could have done, during this last heat wave, but he's so not used to it that it isn't worth getting him all stressed out.

So he doesn't get a chance to graze or kill the plants for us. :wink:

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
They grow wild all over in our front and back yard. But this summer my husband is trying to grow little pots of collards, endive, and mustard greens for the beardie -- it's an experiment. We've got some little green things so far, but they're still very small. :)

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
SHBailey":293fci51 said:
So did he appear to enjoy the movie?

Our beardie used to show some interest in the TV. Light and color and sound, but I'm not sure how he perceived it. :? Nowadays I can cuddle him while watching TV, and he usually just goes to sleep. :sleepy2:
JIMMIA":293fci51 said:
you know you’re a beardie owner when ——->
you take your bearded dragon to the film cinema to watch “The Lion King” like how our parents took us to see it as a young child lol :) aka proud parent moment as I don’t have any children of my own yet haha :)
Lol, I've never taken my dragons to a cinema before, but my Beardies do enjoy hanging out with us while we watch a movie, And Loki has seemed to enjoy hanging out on my shoulder while my siblings and I play through The final fantasy games again. He just sits there and head bobs at the TV. :lol:

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
This thread may be old, but here's my Newest ones:

...When anytime you get another Tank it almost always leads to a domino effect of Everyone getting tank upgrades. I call it 'playing musical tanks.'

...When you're sad to see that the Craigslist ad for "FREE BEARDS" Is in fact not a listing for free bearded dragons, but free beard trimming.

...When your alarm clock is actually just your dragons scratching on the walls of their tanks in the morning demanding their lights to be put on.

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
you know you’re a beardie owner when —> you can share a photo of your beardies poo with other beardie owners and have no regrets because it’s fascinating but if shared a photo of human poop it’s a different story hahaha sorry :) aka here is IMMAJI’s first poop pmsl
98861-5363562028.jpg

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Poo pics every day for bearded dragons! :lol:

First poo out of brumation. I thought...other people might want to see it :oops:

Ignore the speck of green on the urate, that was fresh salad which was lost to the poo
103228-8194436966.jpg

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
You know you're a beardie slave when pictures of poo don't gross you out, especially when they look like nice healthy ones. :wink:

A few others -- you know you're a beardie slave when:

At least half of your grocery shopping is for crickets, roaches, worms, and greens that you don't even like but that are nutritious for your beardie (collards -- yuck)... :puke:

and at least half of the laundry you do is beardie laundry. Our beardie is a klutz and doesn't heal well when he gets hurt (adenovirus), so instead of driftwood and rocks he gets surrounded by soft things such as towels and knitted stuff.

Things I've learned after it was too late: Don't change the sheets on the bed and the stuff in the tank on the same day -- I'm going to be buried under a pile of laundry for at least a week. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom