Possible ADV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enzynom

My friend just rescued a beardie yesterday. He is a year old and has some MBD where he has difficulty moving his back legs. He is a relatively normal dragon except when he walks, he holds his head up in a stargazing fashion. He only does it when he walks. He is full of energy but is only eating baby food right now. He also ate a blueberry. Does it sound like possible ADV? I am also concerned because my beardie may have been exposed to it. My friend forgot to wash her hands in between handling hers and mine. Is there anything I can do to prevent mine from getting it? Or if it's too late and mine has caught it, how long does it take to show symptoms?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please post pics of the tank and lighting and the dragon--- dont panic yet we need to see what the husbandry looks like and the pic of the dragon
Karrie

Enzynom

Original Poster
88195-7042886312.jpg

This is the beardie, I don't have a pic of the tank but I know that he was kept in horrid conditions with improper heat and uvb in a dirty cage. He has impaction issues right now due to an improper diet as well. Currently he has a brand new clean cage with heat at 100, humidity at 30%, and a uvb bulb. He has eaten several spoonfuls of sweet potato baby food with calcium and vitamins mixed in.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Looks like tail shed here soon---- what kind of UVB brand and bulb please and where in tank is it ? on top of screen or in the tank ? How are you taking basking temps? Improper lighting causes alot of issues that is why I am asking about the lighting--- how do you know hes impacted ? If you can bathe him in some nice warm water for like 10 -15 minutes or so that may help ---- what is he eating ? that sweet potato will make him poop--- try giving him a bath--- see if that helps--- here is a website for nutrition
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
please post pics when you can
thank you
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It is a typical sign of adv when they do that, but the fact that he does it only when he moves makes it seem like it's just a neurological issue from the MBD. Normally they would stargaze sitting still, not in motion.

-Brandon

Enzynom

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1dq0gmr2 said:
Looks like tail shed here soon---- what kind of UVB brand and bulb please and where in tank is it ? on top of screen or in the tank ? How are you taking basking temps? Improper lighting causes alot of issues that is why I am asking about the lighting--- how do you know hes impacted ? If you can bathe him in some nice warm water for like 10 -15 minutes or so that may help ---- what is he eating ? that sweet potato will make him poop--- try giving him a bath--- see if that helps--- here is a website for nutrition
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
please post pics when you can
thank you
Karrie

I believe my friend is using an exo terra solar glo for heat and uvb. It's on top of the screen above his basking hammock. Temps are being taken from a thermometer that is eye level to him at his basking hammock. His previous owner just got him back from the vet who said he was impacted. He also took a very long poo that was completely dry. Not moist in the slightest.

Enzynom

Original Poster
claudiusx":3tiged40 said:
It is a typical sign of adv when they do that, but the fact that he does it only when he moves makes it seem like it's just a neurological issue from the MBD. Normally they would stargaze sitting still, not in motion.

-Brandon

I have a video of my friend taking him for a walk but I'm not sure how to post it so everyone can see it.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
He is dehydrated--- soak him in warm water for 10 -15 minutes-- take your finger drop some water on his nose - see if he drinks- his bugs should be gutloaded meaning fed stuff that will hydrate them carrots are a good source- vegies can be washed before serving-- so they are moist-- that is a good reason he is impacted-- horn worms are a good source for hydration--basking temps should be taken w/ a infrared heat gun from Walmart home Depot or Lowe's for accurate temps-- not very savy on those solor glo bulbs+ I do know they can be hard to get basking temps where they should be- I would be getting temps first and go from there--
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom