Baby Beardie not eating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
kingofnobbys":129zukfs said:
I wouldn't mess about with Zoo Med or Exo Terra tubes , Arcadia tubes are the bee's knees and come with a better warantee than all others

Zoomed bulbs are fantastic. When is the last time you've ever heard of someone filling a warranty claim on a zoomed or arcadia bulb? They both put out excellent uv.

If you can find your bulb at the petstore, all the better. That way you don't need to wait for it to ship. And, you can pick up your thermometer while you are there too. Personally, I'm not so antisocial that I feel the need to avoid "know-nothings" or find parking a hassle lol..

-Brandon

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
claudiusx":1wyupjdc said:
kingofnobbys":1wyupjdc said:
I wouldn't mess about with Zoo Med or Exo Terra tubes , Arcadia tubes are the bee's knees and come with a better warantee than all others

Zoomed bulbs are fantastic. When is the last time you've ever heard of someone filling a warranty claim on a zoomed or arcadia bulb? They both put out excellent uv.

If you can find your bulb at the petstore, all the better. That way you don't need to wait for it to ship. And, you can pick up your thermometer while you are there too. Personally, I'm not so antisocial that I feel the need to avoid "know-nothings" or find parking a hassle lol..

-Brandon
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=236122&p=1815225#p1815225 on this board from not so long ago.
people had a tough time getting their warrantees honored by Zoo Med and their retailers too.

I've seen NO evidence that the cause (change in the makeup of the phosphors to cut costs) has been rectified since.
I'd be very wary of Zoo Med T5ho UVB tubes as a consequence , this therefore leaves only Arcadia Reptile T5HO UVB tubes as a reliable option and they DO offer a much better warrantee and are guaranteed to be good for much longer.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
kingofnobbys":35hukiun said:
There's a whole thread about it on this board from not so long ago.
Please provide the link. I've never seen anyone on this board ever complain about a reptisun being defective. And even if so, 1 after 10 years on this board isn't too shabby.
No need to bash a good bulb simply because you prefer one better. Lots of good choices in this hobby.

-Brandon

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The ReptiSun T5 bulbs were problematic a couple of years ago. It was a small batch affected with gold caps as I recall. I tested some of them, as did others, and determined that some were providing lower than usual output. The ones I've tested recently have shown expected output. I feel that ReptiSun T5 bulbs are a good option to recommend at this point. Let's please keep the focus on simply finding appropriate and improved lighting for OP.
------------------------

This is my favorite combo and what I use http://www.lightyourreptiles.com/22-t-5-ho-fixture-high-output-with-arcadia-d3-12-ho-bulb/

This is also a good option: https://www.amazon.com/Sunblaster-904296-NanoTech-Fixture-Reflector/dp/B00AKKUBDQ/ with bulb https://www.reptilebasics.com/arcadia-desert-12-uvb/arcadia-d3-12-uvb-t5-bulb-22/

This is also a good set if you want something to sit right on top of the enclosure https://www.amazon.com/Zoo-Med-26053-Reptisun-Terrarium/dp/B00AQU8F2O it comes with a 5.0 bulb so I recommend upgrading the bulb to either the Arcadia I linked to from Reptilebasics or a ReptiSun 10.0 like this https://www.amazon.com/Zoo-Med-26061-Reptisun-Fluorescent/dp/B00AQU8HAO/

I know the lighting can be pretty confusing, especially at first. Please don't hesitate to ask us for further assistance if you want clarification or help finding a good fit for your setup.

Srs1989

Original Poster
UPDATE.

I think he honestly got tired of the roaches. I put crickets in there and currently he is eating them all up. I’m definitely gonna still change his lighting and setup but I’m just so thankful he’s eating!

Thanks again everyone.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Thats great that he is eating the crickets! Sometimes they do get tired of the same food. It's another reason to always offer a variety of food. It's much healthier that way too. :D

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom