Lethargic, Not Holding Head Up After Sedation

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBrown

Original Poster
Hi, thank you for asking about Jo.

He finally pooped a few days ago, but he’s returned to being lethargic since then and refusing food again. He’s moving his legs more, but still not putting a lot of weight on them. I realized on Wednesday that it’s been only a week, so maybe I was overly concerned, considering the timeframe. I think at this point, he has passed all the impaction. Now that I’m not as concerned about that, do you have any recommendations for feeding / supplements to get him back on his feet (literally)?

I’m maintaining tank temps in the mid-70s-80° at night and a range between 105° to 80° during the day. His humidity is around 40-50%.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is Jo doing today
What types of foods has he been interested in lately, any insects at all or just a general
non interest in anything?
I would try to get some bee pollen to help stimulate his appetite. You can get some chicken
or turkey baby food, & then mix in some blended greens & maybe squash or sweet potato
baby food. Blend all of that up until it's smooth, then just use a plastic dropper or syringe to
drop some food onto his snout. Hopefully he will just lick some of that off but it may take some
patience initially until he gets his appetite back.
I'm glad to hear he has gotten the impaction passed now. The temperatures sound fine as well.
Hopefully he will start to feel better soon. Keep us posted on his progress.

Tracie

MBrown

Original Poster
Sorry to take a while to respond.

Before the vet visit, Jo was fairly interested in sweet potato baby food, so I’m going to try pushing that more and reintroducing solid foods. He really likes blackberries, so I may try to occasionally mash those up on top of spoon feeding baby food to interest him. I didn’t know about the bee pollen, luckily I have a bit for herbalism studies, so I’ll try this as well.

I was away for a week and left him with my mom and brother, I gave them detailed instructions and gave them plain chicken and plain sweet potato baby foods. I’m going to pick him up tomorrow. They said that while I was gone, he didn’t want any of the baby food but would occasionally eat some crunchy, Fluker’s brand “bearded dragon meal” pellets. They said he isn’t moving around much, that he kind of “pivots” by only shifting his front legs.

Will impaction cause permanent paralysis? He has some mobility in at least one back leg, as far as I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom